Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How long does coroplast last?

ihtak

Cavy Slave
I guess that's my whole question for today. How long does cloroplast last? I was surprised it was as light as it is, guess I thought it would seem more substantial. But then it's reasonably priced so it wouldn't be too hard to replace. How often have you had to replace yours??

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Coroplast should last at least 3 years (I think). You will most likely want to redo, expand or improve your cage design long before it wears out anyway.

rshevin

Cavy Slave
Until you get tired of the color or adopot more pigs.

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
Well...........since my piggies seem to think they are chewing their way to China.........im not guessing mine is gonna last too terribly long HA! But, atleast its cheap ;)

aqh88

Cavy Slave
It's been suggested a few times that you can cover the edge of the coro in metal binder edging. Mine stopped chewing within a week of being in the cage and very few actually do any major chewing. It's best not to let them chew on it even if the coro isn't too expensive. Ingesting large amounts of plastic can cause digestive problems and blockages.

littlebear

Cavy Slave
It is very durable and last for a long time as long as you take care of it and clean it properly. I change mines every year or whenever I feel like I wan't a new color.

Coopdog

Cavy Slave
Mine is over 3 years old and almost as good as new. I clean it with vinegar every week, so there is no build up on it at all, and Louise isn't big on chewing it.

masher

Cavy Slave
How cheap was u guys coroplast?? Mine was a heck of alot mroe expensive as i had been first informed, coming in at £40, winouth VAT!

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
15 US dollars per sheet

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
I have had my cages for a year (in September) now. I have 4 cages and 1 of them are stained. The other 3 are fine. In the one that is stained though, the cage is crowded. I really think there should be less guinea pigs in there, but I don't have the heart to say goodbye to any of my darlings. The other three cages are as good as new!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.