Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Helen Passed Away Yesterday

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
Yesterday was a very sad day because Helen passed away. She is my blonde guinea pig with red eyes. She was turning 6 in November and I guess it was just her time to go.

I noticed on Wednesday how thin she was becoming but she still was alert and wheeking for her veggies. I checked to see if she was drooling and having difficulties eating but she was fine. Then on Friday she was having problems walking. It was like her back feet had just froze up on her. It was so upsetting to see her trying to get her balance and falling. She was still eating and wheeking for food though. But she would get very spaced out and then almost shake her head like to clear it or something. She kept falling asleep on her feet.

But friday night I fed her parsley and she was eating it up just like Corky and Tim were. But I didn't know if she would make it through the night.
Saturday morning I did not want to go out to the shed. I just had a bad feeling. But I went out and when I was unlocking the door I didn't hear her wheeking for veggies. Immediately when I entered I looked for her and she was laying on her side in the corner of the cage barely breathing.
She was a guinea pig that did not want to be held ever and so I just sat in a chair and watched her and spoke to her softly as she was going. I was out there for about 3 hours. Once she started breathing through her mouth I knew she was going to leave. I laid my hand on her and said goodbye and asked the Lord to take her and her eyes moved and she was gone. My heart is broken.

We buried her in our backyard where the sun shines because she loved the sun so much. I got a stepping stone for her grave and it is perfect.
This is what it says:
If tears
could build a stairway,
and memories a lane,
I'd walk
right up to Heaven
and bring you
home again

It has red roses on the sides and we planted a yellow rosebush beside her grave to honour Helen. I got 3 long stemmed yellow roses and laid them on her grave as well. I just wanted to honor her and thank her for the time we had together and for being a part of my life. And since her fur was blonde the yellow roses are like a symbol of her. So when the plant blooms I can be reminded of the beauty she brought to my life.
It's just so sad....and even though I knew that her time was coming I still feel like I am in shock.
Thanks for listening to me.
Lynn

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
Oh I am so very sorry for your loss, but what a beautiful thing you did for her with the flowers and the stone. It sounds like such a beautiful spot for a final resting place. May she rest in peace.

piggiebun

Cavy Slave
Words can never express the feeling of loss, but the actions speak volumes. A very beautiful thing you did, planting the rose bush (yellow roses mean friendship). May she be with you always.

cookie_gal

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your loss, your tribute is truly beautiful, an everlasting memorial for her.

RIP Helen

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.