Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hello all

anj12

Cavy Slave
hi my name is anj and i have 2 guinea pigs i dont know to much about them, when i received them they were starving and very skinny and now they are fat and happy, but i realize now that i really dont know anything bout them, so i am very happy that i found this site thanx all:cheerful:

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Where did you get your guinea pigs?
Do you have any pictures of them?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure we can help you with all your questions about housing, feeding and care.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Tell us more about your piggies.

anj12

Cavy Slave
Hello all, no sorry i dont have pictures of them, but their names are chocolate and vanilla, very original i am sure. chocolate being the male and vanilla the female, now i think i will have some babies in what 73 days, when i saw chocolate on vanilla, that's when i realized they were not female/female as i was told. as to where i got them , i took them from my sis's stepson he left them behind, so i took them 5 weeks later when i came back, they were just skinny and starving, and i have had them for like a month now. Had to get used to them at first but now when they hear my voice or see me go by, they rush the cage and squeak at me like crazy until i go and see them and say hi.

Rachel's Cavy Cove

Cavy Slave
Mounting behavior isn't necessarily a sexual thing. yo u may indeed have two girls. The best way to find out is to take a look. If you press on their bellies you will see if something "pops" out or not. If you are still not sure take them to a qualified vet.(an exotic vet)

If they are indeed two girls they are simply trying to determine who will be "top pig" in their little herd. My two girls have both mounted each other in a fight to be the dominant one.

There is a lot of information here for you as well as on Guinea lynx and Cavy Spirit. I am sure you can find out all you need to know between the 3. Best of luck! Welcome to the forum!

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
If you are unsure about the sex of your two pigs (that is, if you suspect one is male while the other is female), then please separate them immediately just in case your male hasn't already impregnanted your female. Please verify their sex before putting them together.

Pig_love
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.