Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vitamin C tablets

GuineaTV

Cavy Slave
Anyone heard anything about giving piggies vitamin C tablets made for humans vs. the special ones just for animals? It seems like it's the same thing. I don't grind them up - I use a pill splitter to make fourths, and they just eat them. (and one of my pigs will only eat the kind with real, not artificial, sweetener, and the other two don't care about the aftertaste! lol!) If you grind them up, as I've seen suggested, doesn't it fall to the bottom of the food dish?

cornhill

Cavy Slave
vit-c

GuineaTV said:
Anyone heard anything about giving piggies vitamin C tablets made for humans vs. the special ones just for animals? It seems like it's the same thing. I don't grind them up - I use a pill splitter to make fourths, and they just eat them. (and one of my pigs will only eat the kind with real, not artificial, sweetener, and the other two don't care about the aftertaste! lol!) If you grind them up, as I've seen suggested, doesn't it fall to the bottom of the food dish?
I use Vit-c tablet from my vet. I do grind them up in an old coffee grinder I had put away. I sprinkle it on top of the pellets. so it doesn't fall through, because there are plenty of pellets in their bin.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I mix a crushed 250 mg tablet and mix it with 8 cc of water. When they get their morning veggies, I put 1 cc of the mixture per piggy (2 ccs in my case) onto the fresh veggies. They eat their vitamins along with their "breakfast" then! =) Note: This was recommended by a vet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.