Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

shedding

mlissa09

Cavy Slave
Hi. Umm, my rabbit is shedding his fur again, it's that time of year I guess. But there's a problem- the majority of his fur is coming off in his face, on his nose right between his eyes (and a little bit on his ears area). I can feel the bone, even moreso than I did before! And the rest of his fur, like on his back and stuff, aren't shedding as much.

Is this something I should be worried about? Thanks in advance! :)

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
Is he losing weight? Have you noticed anything different going on with him lately?

Hi. Umm, my rabbit is shedding his fur again, it's that time of year I guess. But there's a problem- the majority of his fur is coming off in his face, on his nose right between his eyes (and a little bit on his ears area). I can feel the bone, even moreso than I did before! And the rest of his fur, like on his back and stuff, aren't shedding as much.

Is this something I should be worried about? Thanks in advance! :)

mlissa09

Cavy Slave
No, not that I know of. I mean.. he's shedding fur all over the place but it's just that particular area between his eyes that feels bony and makes me worried.

naturestee

Cavy Slave
Does it look like there's a line of shedding fur? Are you sure you aren't just feeling his bones more because the fur has thinned due to shedding?

My rabbits do sometimes shed their face fur, and when they're shedding really heavily they look pretty funny because they'll have a line where the edge of the shedding is.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.