Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

L'uccello's Gone

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
My parakeet, L'uccello died last night. I noticed he was acting weird late last night he was in a deep sleep and whenever I woke him up, he would find another place to go to sleep. Cuddles was consoling him, chirping him to sleep and letting him rest his head on him. I was frantically asking around my bird forums. I just found out he died just after I went to bed. I miss him so much, I can't stop crying. Cuddles seems so lost alone in the cage, I need to find him a buddy soon. I'm checking petfinder, there are tons of parakeets in shelters around here. I'm going to adopt him a friend in L'uccello's memory.

Here's a picture of him. He's the yellow/white/blue one.

I miss you so much baby. :weepy:

standuprookie

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry, my parakeet passed away a little over a month ago so I know how bad it feels.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
My dad was just telling me when he went to take him out of the cage after he passed, Cuddles was attacking his hand. He seems so sad without him. I found a parakeet being given away in the petfinder classifieds, but can't get ahold of the owner. All of the other shelters only adopt out in pairs and we only have room for one more. If I can't contact him, I'll check around to see if any pet shops have any surrenders.

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
I am sorry to hear your sad news, he was a very pretty bird.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
We're burying Luchy under the big tree in our backyard tonight. Right next to my canary, Tweety, a baby bird that fell out of his nest in our backyard and my frog. I feel so weird getting a new bird so soon, but Cuddles was extremely depressed, crying out for his friend. We stopped by PetSmart and they had a bird someone turned in a few days ago. His name is Carmine, it's Italian and means Song. I kept the Italian theme in honor of my little Luchy. No one could ever replace L'uccello, he will always remain in my heart. :(

JackSpicerRules

Cavy Slave
*Hugs* Poor thing. Losing a pet is always hard. :(

I don't have much to say, I'm afraid I'll say the wrong thing.

I just hope that you'll feel better about this soon.

littlebear

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry about the loss. I would feel like dieing if my piggys dieded! But atleast you will now get to bring someone new to your life. :sorry:

CapuPebbles

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry to hear this. RIP L'uccello.

Caramel Cookie

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear about L'uccello.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry about your loss and feel so bad for the little 'keet that is left behind. I know you must be so sad, but try and remain strong and remember the more happy times you shared. May your little baby rest in peace and always keep a soft spot in your heart. (((hugs)))

JarBax

Cavy Slave
I am sorry to hear about L'uccello.

Did you bring Carmine home? Hope he brings some comfort to you and Cuddles.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone. After we buried Luchy, it seemed to help. We brought Carmine home, and Cuddles is so much happier. He was so depressed being alone, a new friend really helped.

piggiebun

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for the loss of your beuatiful little L'uccello. RIP L'uccello

Last edited by a moderator:

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
Im so sorry for your loss. Im sure cuddles misses his friend, But it is great that he dosn't have to be alone.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
I'm really sorry to hear about Luchy. It's clear you were so close to him. You'll soon learn to remember the happy times and be able to smile through the pain of not having him around any more.

Thinking of you.
xx

lilpiggy12
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Abs I just now saw this and I said, "I know this name it is a bird!"

So sorry about L'uccello. How is Cuddles doing? Have you been able to find a new friend yet? Take care of yourself and Cuddles. RIP L'uccello.

Coopdog

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. I lost my little finch, Zeke, a short while back and I know how precious these little guys are. I'm glad you found another one so quickly for Cuddles.

Emmett

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. My female parakeet died last year and her mate was so distraught. He called for her for days. I couldn't stand it and drove 60 miles to get 2 males that were in the giveaways in the paper. I'm so glad I did, they were in terrible condition. Tiny cage, no toys and only one perch. Their feathers were shredded because could barely turn around in the cage. They didn't even know how to eat lettuce or fruit. My old male had to teach them how. You did a good thing getting Cuddles a friend and giving it a good home.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone. I still think about Luchy every day, but I know he's happy in birdie heaven with my childhood canary. Cuddles and Carmine are inseperable now. Based on Carmine's size, I'm betting he's just a baby. I'm so glad Cuddles likes his new friend, he was just too lonely alone.

Here's a picture of them together in their exercise time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.