Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

cage Question....

bunnylover

Cavy Slave
For a rabbit how high would you build a CC cage? would the grids be sturdy enough ya think it could withstand cats? i've got 4 and i don't wanna see and crash bang boom :)

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't go any higher than 3 or 4 cubes high. If you use both the connecters and zip ties, it should definitely be sturdy enough for a cat.

For a rabbit how high would you build a CC cage? would the grids be sturdy enough ya think it could withstand cats? i've got 4 and i don't wanna see and crash bang boom :)

bunnylover

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't go any higher than 3 or 4 cubes high. If you use both the connecters and zip ties, it should definitely be sturdy enough for a cat.

even 4 cats?

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
How big are the cats? There are also ways of reenforcing the top of the cage to prevent it from sagging in. You can use sturdy dowel rods which run along the underside of the cage and are secured to the top as well as the sides. I think if you use both connectors with zip ties and use dowel rods to make the top more sturdy, it should be fine for the cats. But I'm wondering if the cats will even want to jump on top of the cage? The holes between the grids are quite big and a cat's paw will go right through. I think after a couple of tries they might become discouraged and realize it's not such a great place to hang out.

bunnylover

Cavy Slave
How big are the cats? There are also ways of reenforcing the top of the cage to prevent it from sagging in. You can use sturdy dowel rods which run along the underside of the cage and are secured to the top as well as the sides. I think if you use both connectors with zip ties and use dowel rods to make the top more sturdy, it should be fine for the cats. But I'm wondering if the cats will even want to jump on top of the cage? The holes between the grids are quite big and a cat's paw will go right through. I think after a couple of tries they might become discouraged and realize it's not such a great place to hang out.

the largest of the 4 is 15 pounds. the smallest is maybe 6

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.