Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello

CTMOOCH2003

Cavy Slave
Hello.... My family and I brought Junior and Ziggy Fuzzybottom home about two months ago. What fun they are! Love the grunts and happy hops they are giving everyday....
Despite thinking we had two boys we just (today) realized Junior is VERY pregnant (we thought he...SHE.. was just getting tubby!) WIll be an interesting adventure.
Looking forward to learning and sharing with you all!

Christine, Jill and Matt

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
Have you separated the father yet? If not, do so immediately as the female can get pregnant again as soon as she gives birth.

Do you have an exotics vet lined up in case of complications? Are you going to get the male neutered?

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Unfortunately, that's one of the biggest problems with buying from pet stores. I went through the same thing, they told me two girls, but they sold me a girl and a boy. Seperate the male immediately because the sow can get pregnant right after she gives birth. And it's always best to have a exotics vet number on hand in case of any complications. It might also be a good idea to bring in the pigs so the vet knows you and will recognize you if you have an emergency call.

fairysari

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. Like, the others said, separate the father now, as the mother can get pregnant again right after delivery. At three weeks old any male babies can go live with dad, so they don't get mom or sisters pregnant. Good luck! I can't wait to see baby pigtures.

PatchworkPig
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.