Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

** i have to get my pigs in homes quick! **

celica bunny

Cavy Slave
Hi, I have 3 pigs I need to sell very soon and I DO NOT want to give them to a pet store and I'm definatly not risking being euthanized. Anybody that is intrested in having a sweet piggie or someone who knows of anyone or that wants one PLEASE let me know. I've been trying for the last 6 months to find somebody who has the time and love for them. There's 2 males both just turned 1 and a girl who is about a year and a half. I live in St.Louis. Please contact me if intrested!!

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
celica bunny said:
Hi, I have 3 pigs I need to sell very soon and I DO NOT want to give them to a pet store and I'm definatly not risking being euthanized. Anybody that is intrested in having a sweet piggie or someone who knows of anyone or that wants one PLEASE let me know. I've been trying for the last 6 months to find somebody who has the time and love for them. There's 2 males both just turned 1 and a girl who is about a year and a half. I live in St.Louis. Please contact me if intrested!!
If you are really in a hurry, try a local shelter or a pig rescue. I volunteer at an SPCA, and guinea pigs are always adopted. Most shelters are a lot stricter than pet stores and will make sure your piggies get a good home.

celica bunny

Cavy Slave
I need to rehome b/c I have a reaaaal bad allergic reaction when I'm around them, and it's not fair to them that I can't pick them up because of me. I'm allergic to the allergy medicine too it's crazy.

conniehsc

Cavy Slave
celica bunny said:
There's 2 males both just turned 1 and a girl who is about a year and a half.
Oh my! Are they fighting at all?? I read that in a herd of guinea pigs, if there are females, there should only be 1 male, or else the males would fight!

celica bunny

Cavy Slave
conniehsc said:
Oh my! Are they fighting at all?? I read that in a herd of guinea pigs, if there are females, there should only be 1 male, or else the males would fight!
The female is in a seperate cage. The boys have been together their whole lives and never fight.

CavyCrazyMom

Cavy Slave
Maybe if you offered them free instead of selling them someone might be more apt to take them. Just be sure the home is well informed and have no dangers to the pigs before you give them away (like dogs and cats, etc).~~Cheri~~

celica bunny

Cavy Slave
Well I don't know what to do next. I'm getting absolutly no where with this.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
How come you have so many if you are allergic? If you don't mind me asking that is. You can post them on (broken link removed) and www.petfinder.com as well. Make sure you take the time to screen new adopters and don't just give them away to anyone. Sounds like that may be hard as you want to get them away asap. You can always try a different allergy medicine, too. How frustrating that you are allergic to one! I hope your pigs find good homes. =)

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
I live in St.Louis too, I can probably help you rehome them. Are your males neutered, or your female spayed? I can probably get your female only if she is spayed, because I have too many piggies*don't get me wrong, I love them all* I will have to talk to my mom, if you are really desperate to give them away. If you have aim, try iming me on SweetestSorrow13.

celica bunny

Cavy Slave
mncavylover said:
How come you have so many if you are allergic? If you don't mind me asking that is. You can post them on (broken link removed) and www.petfinder.com as well. Make sure you take the time to screen new adopters and don't just give them away to anyone. Sounds like that may be hard as you want to get them away asap. You can always try a different allergy medicine, too. How frustrating that you are allergic to one! I hope your pigs find good homes. =)
The female is my sister's, and I didn't develop the allergy til after I had done bred my male and had more than 1. There's just no way around it, my allergies are the worst and it isn't fair to the pigs. Thanks for the sites!

celica bunny

Cavy Slave
RubyPiggie2 said:
I live in St.Louis too, I can probably help you rehome them. Are your males neutered, or your female spayed? I can probably get your female only if she is spayed, because I have too many piggies*don't get me wrong, I love them all* I will have to talk to my mom, if you are really desperate to give them away. If you have aim, try iming me on SweetestSorrow13.
None of them are spayed or neutered. I would reeeaally love it if you could help thank you so much! My s/n is xXcelica bunnyXx.

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
NEVER offer an animal "free to a good home"! People from labs go around looking for offers like that, and your pets may end up as bait animals for dog fighting. These awful people know exactly what to say in order to get the animals..." oh, don't worry I've got a huge cage and he'll be well loved"..." I'll take him on walks every day" etc... Your pet could also end up as a breeding animal for pet stores at a mill, or a backyard breeder's place.

celica bunny

Cavy Slave
bunnyluv17 said:
NEVER offer an animal "free to a good home"! People from labs go around looking for offers like that, and your pets may end up as bait animals for dog fighting. These awful people know exactly what to say in order to get the animals..." oh, don't worry I've got a huge cage and he'll be well loved"..." I'll take him on walks every day" etc... Your pet could also end up as a breeding animal for pet stores at a mill, or a backyard breeder's place.

Tell me something I DON'T already know

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Have you tried the cavy placement on guinea lynx? Why did you breed the guinea pigs?

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
We're just warning you, that's all. =) I'm glad you know. Sorry to hear you have to give them up.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
Where are they staying until you rehome them?

celica bunny

Cavy Slave
Piglet said:
Have you tried the cavy placement on guinea lynx? Why did you breed the guinea pigs?
Yes I have an ad on guinea lynx. I bred them b/c I was in love with them and I didn't know I was allergic.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Hmmm... well, I suppose you learned not to breed the hard way? =)

celica bunny

Cavy Slave
loves2travel said:
Where are they staying until you rehome them?
They're still here in my house. My boyfriend takes care of them.I'm putting up with the damn allergies until I know they're happier and ok.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.