Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bathing

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
I have no idea what to use for bathing Mu. Will you please help me. I have heard lots of different stuff like baby shampoo, bunny shampoo, kitten shampoo etc. Please help me.

kennethlhm

Cavy Slave
Shampoo for small animals will do, such as bunny shampoo.

CavyCrazyMom

Cavy Slave
They actually have shampoo for rabbits and guinea pigs at pet stores. Also maybe a ferret shampoo.

Don't use anything made for humans as the PH balance is different in pigs than with humans. I wont even use anything made for dogs or cats on my pigs. Not that I bathe them often, because they bathe themselves often enough. Actually I haven't bathed them at all, but my pigs are new to me! lol But I read that bathing them can be bad for and that you should let them bathe themselves instead.

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
My Amee loves Four Paws Bunny Bath!
amee%20as%20model%201.jpg

Don't use anything made for humans since it is formulated for a different skin pH than a piggie. If your pig isn't long haired like Amee, bathing should be very infrequent, once every six months, max. Even longer haired pigs should be bathed more than monthly. Guinea pigs do a good job of keeping themselves clean. Frequent spot cleaning and cage changes also help.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.