Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Losing a friend

ILoveCavies

Cavy Slave
As of yesterday morning, BlackRose has passed over the rainbow bridge, now reunited with his cavy clan.

He was suffering from, what I'm guessing was a UTI. He passed on before seeing his vet, and so the true cause will be a mystery. He stopped eating and drinking, stopped wheeking and moving for a while, got a little better, then passed. Before that, his cage was always wet, which we thought was him, but turned out to be a ceiling leak. Don't know if that affected him or not. Up until the end, his cage was moved and got plenty of playtime and cuddles. Only wish I had been there near the end.

I'm rambling I guess. It's hitting my friend Chris harder than me, but I'll probably start mourning when we bury him today. Thoughts and payers welcome.

Last edited:

Sviega

Cavy Slave
Sorry about your pig. I pray you will be comforted.

Do you have any other piggies?

ILoveCavies

Cavy Slave
The loss is hitting me near full force a whole day after burying Black Rose. There was a lot I wanted to do for him, but now that chance is gone. I'm not sure if I should write down my plans and use them for future pigs, or just scrap it all and start anew sometime in the furure. I just don't know.

I love my pigs!

Cavy Slave
I hope that you are able to stay strong, losing a friend is very hard and painful, and I hope (you) that won't have it happen again for a while.

Texas Cavys

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. Take some time to grieve before thinking about adopting new piggies. After the pain has lessened, it will be easier to think clearer.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
I am very sorry about your loss. I know you must miss him terribly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.