Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Is this a good price for grids?

cavy_lover515

Cavy Slave
Hi. First of all, I'll just let you know I'm in Australia, so this is Australian currency. Bunnings has boxes of 5 grids for $8 to $8.50, and I was wondering if you guys approve of the price.

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
Its the average Bunnings price, do you have a K-Mart in the area? Their grids cost a bit more but are soooo much better quality. Bunnings are covered with some type of plastic which apparently tastes very nice. The pigs chew it to bits, exposing the metal underneath which rusts extremely quickly.

You'd need to double check this, but from memory, K-Mart cost $50 for 26 grids, their grids are slightly larger (I think they are 37 cm) and made of some type of metal that dosn't rust and in my opinion looks nicer.

Emma

cavy_lover515

Cavy Slave
Thanx Em. I tried ringing K-mart, but there was no answer... :confused: The one closest to me is the one in campbelltown, so I'll try again... Just out of cuiosity,if the bunnings are coated in some kind of yummy plastic, what are the k-mart grids coated in?

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
They arent at all, thats whats so great. I think they are aluminium or maybe stainless steel. They are just plain metal.

Emma

cavy_lover515

Cavy Slave
Hmmm. That sounds good. One more thing, how much are the kmart grids? I have just heard theyre fairly expensive, thats all.

cavy_lover515

Cavy Slave
Oh, i just realised you quoted the approx price earlier! lol. I'll look into the k-mart grids. I want to tray and do this cage under $130

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
You could also try "The Reject Shop", they seem to have plently right across Victoria, but I'm not sure about NSW, they are $30 for 6 cubes or umm 23 grids (I think)

Kmart ones are like $40 I think.

J-jay

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Hmmm. That sounds good. One more thing, how much are the kmart grids? I have just heard theyre fairly expensive, thats all.

Not at walmart if you look on the website.

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
J_Jay we dont ahve a walmart in Australia, if someone did buy from walmart it would cost a lot more because you'd have to pay for shipping.

Emma

cavy_lover515

Cavy Slave
Grrr, the K-mart we're near doesn't appear to have the grids. Could someone in NSW please tell me where they get their grids? Preferably the K-mart ones?

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
Umm there's a K-Mart somewhere in Newcastle, I use the one in Maitland. Sorry, I think both are too far away for you.

Emma

cavy_lover515

Cavy Slave
Well, could you tell me more information about the one in Newcastle? We have relative up there we may be visiting before christmas, if they stock the cubes I'll get them there...

lissa_b
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

cavy_lover515

Cavy Slave
where is bb&b in australia?

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
Those stores aren't located in Australia, why someone would post it is beyond me, when it clearly states that your looking for grids in Australia.

Bunnings, Kmart, Big W and The Reject Shop are really the only places to purchase them in Australia.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.