PDA

View Full Version : New Forum area suggestion

LobsterOverlord
08-14-06, 09:23 pm
Hiya,

There's Environment, which has bedding/hay, accessories, floor-time, etc, and there is the cages section.

There is no forum area for Diet/Nutrition. Is this intentional, or is it covered by another area?

I was thinking about this because I wanted to start a thread about what makes a good diet plan and is what I'm feeding going to be adequate for 7 pigs all at once.

I know there are guides around and I've checked them out, but I was hoping to get some direct feedback on what I feed them, and thought a dedicated area for something like that might be appropriate.

John M.

VoodooJoint
08-14-06, 10:05 pm
We are actually currently working on a Cavy Care forum which will encompass things like proper diet. There is a lot of work to do before we can open it though as we want to have the basic information up before we open it to public posting.

LobsterOverlord
08-14-06, 10:13 pm
Cool deal. Thanks.

John M>

Ly&Pigs
08-14-06, 10:18 pm
I was thinking about this because I wanted to start a thread about what makes a good diet plan and is what I'm feeding going to be adequate for 7 pigs all at once.As I seem to be the resident cavy nutritionist around this forum, feel free to pm me with questions and I can help you work up a great diet for your herd. I also have 7 so I can tell you the portion sizes I feed for my bunch.

ellenvega
08-17-06, 05:03 pm
Perhaps a medical section too?

CavySpirit
08-17-06, 05:18 pm
We're going to add a Guinea Pig Care forum. That will cover basic care/health/medical issues. I really don't want a specific medical forum as I'm still not convinced we have enough members on board with an in depth enough knowledge to justify it. I would prefer that serious medical issues be posted over on GL. I'm beginning to wonder if it's fair sending them our medical problems, but I know they have more experienced folks and the guinealynx.info reference area is second to none as a reference. There is not even a close second anywhere in my opinion.

ellenvega
08-17-06, 05:52 pm
That is very true. The vast archive and reference threads there can't be reproduced anywhere else. And we have several people that actively post on both boards. It's not a problem at all to have this board refer people over there if necessary (at least IMHO).

With the care forum it will be alot easier to find the medically related threads from the 'pigture' type threads. I just hope we don't get too many forums and subforums, though. I'm getting old and easily confused!

CavySpirit
08-17-06, 06:10 pm
I know. Another reason I've been hesitant to add a forum.

CavySpirit
08-17-06, 06:28 pm
Okay, I consolidated a few forums.