Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

This is terrible!

vics2004

Cavy Slave
Was searching online at pet supplies, and they call this a standard guinea pig cage!
(broken link removed)

It is not even 2sq foot. Is there any way that online shops like this can be stopped?

HandcuffedAngel

Cavy Slave
Eew. Sure they can be stopped. People need to stop buying from them. What happens to a business when it doesn't make money? It closes down.

cookie_gal

Cavy Slave
I feel sick to my teeth when I see some of the cages available for animals. It's not just guinea pigs but also hamsters, rats, rabbits, birds.

It should be against the law to make such small cages. Problem is, some people do not know any better and so purchase them, keeping the manufacturers in the job.

HandcuffedAngel

Cavy Slave
Problem is, some people do not know any better and so purchase them, keeping the manufacturers in the job.

Guilty as charged.

Who wants to beat me with a stick?

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Only Ly can do that with her mod stick of pain, and she'll only do that if you do something really bad!

I didn't know about the horrors of pet shops until I found this site. What matters is that you change once you know the truth. Look forward, move forward.

HandcuffedAngel

Cavy Slave
Actually my young bunny was bought with a pet store cage. My guinea pig was not [go me!].

When I realized how small the cage really was ... I felt like an idiot. Then I learned about C&C Cages. Love these things!

crazywiggy

Cavy Slave
I know the feeling.... I decided last week that I'd had enough of pet shops selling cages like this, so I have started finding online pet shops and emailing/ writing to them telling them what is wrong with their products and what they should be doing about it.

I know there is no reason for them to listen, but I figured it can't do any harm to try. Hopefully they'll realise that people might stop shopping there unless they improve.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
I have that cage and it is for vet visits.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.