Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Idea alert! Constant fresh grass!

cavy_lover515

Cavy Slave
Hey guys, I just had a brainwave! Tell me what you think of this idea...
What about if I got a few kitty litter trays, filled them with dirt and planted grass! It would be like a croip rotation system so that my beloved piggers can always have fresh grass! What do you guys think?

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
I think it's a good idea. Make sure you don't get any contaminated dirt with fertilizers or chemicals in it though! If they don't already get a daily supply of grass you'll want to introduce it into their diet slowly to make sure their tummy doesn't get upset. I'm thinking about doing something similar with grass and cilantro, having a couple window boxes.

cavy_lover515

Cavy Slave
They get grass whenever I can find some nice green, fresh stuff. Sadly, this is usually only during the summer, as it barely grows at all in the winter. But during the summer, they get tonnes of the stuff, almost literally! They have the entire floor covered in grass and they LOVE burrowing, playing, etc in it! Sometimes the carrot I chop up for them get messed around the cage, and then they forage for it! It's so fun to watch!

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
That does sound like fun! I wish I could be your guinea pig! lol

cavy_lover515

Cavy Slave
Sometimes, so do I... LOL

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.