Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fixed their wagon!!

Tfrog

Cavy Slave
My 2 girls have been really enjoying burring under the diapers where they overlap. There's not much point having them there if they're going to be doing that :( I got quite grumpy because they were making a real mess. Now, the diapers I use aren't prefolded. So I got out the trusty sewing machine and sewed the diapers together into a big blanket.:) Now they can't get in under it and scrunch all the diapers up and make a mess. It also makes cleaning the cage easier because I just pick it all up together and take it outside to shake, then into the wash. I have enough to make two and, when my son is finally toilet trained, I will probably have four of them. The girls aren't really impressed but I certainly am! lol

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
That sounds like a really cool idea. You don't waste money on bedding and you can always wash the cloth out easily! That's really neat how you made it be one big blanket. I think I might try that with fleece or something. Thanks for the idea! =)

Denise

Cavy Slave
I have used baby diapers since the first day I brought my piggies home, along with waterproof lap pads when we are holding the pigs. The diapers are soft and the lap pads protect our clothing if they pee. I use the diapers in their cage for beds, too. I also take them outside and shake them off and then to the washer. They have come to be very comforted by the diapers (we call them Lovies).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.