Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Crocs

JarBax

Cavy Slave
I have searched, and found nothing on the subject of crocs - and thought I'd like to share.

At the start of the summer hols (early July), we were camping in Wales, by a river. Being slate-y, the river was a little sore underfoot. Next day, in town, I spotted some cool sandles, which I thought would do the job of foot-protector just fine. In fact, they were fab! Not only were they comfy, and I didn't feel a single stone, but they floated! Great fun!

Anyway, on returning home, I was so impressed, I checked them out on-line. Turns out they are the latest celebrity 'must-have' (boo). 'Must have' seen me wearing them in some remote Welsh valley, and thought 'I must have those shoes'!!

After Wales, we spent 8 nights in Norfolk, at a Scout and Guide jamboree. I wore my crocs on the train down, wore them all week long (even slept in them on one occasion!), and wore them on the way home. They were lovely and cool during the heat of the heatwave, completely practical when we were severely threatened with wash-out. They served well as dancing shoes, and I even wore them in full uniform. They stayed on my feet on a roller coaster, and gave me no blisters when all around were plastering theirs! The only problem I had, was en-route home, we had to RUN from one train to the next (1 minute between), and my feet being on the sweaty side of dry, slithered a little as I lurched toward platform 4! However, even after all this constant use, they did not whiff in the slightest, and I have no sign whatsoever of 'camper's foot'!!! They were marginally muddy, so I put them in the washing machine, with the 7th load that night, and *ting* , they have come out as good as new.

Phew!

My main point for wanting to share my experiences of these magnificent shoes, is that, made from a by product of the oil industry, not only are they environmentally friendly, they are VEGAN! :D

(broken link removed)

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I've heard of them but I'm partial to my Birkenstocks, I have to say. I couldn't live without them in summer but currently can't afford to invest in a pair of shoes for the winter!

The majority of them are vegan-friendly and the vegan ones are cheaper and in cuter colours! I have 6 pairs currently (been collecting them for a while now) and I really couldn't live without them.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Though my boss would shoot me on sight for wearing those I may be able to sneak by in some of their "Prima" shoes. My boss visably cringes each and every time a customer comes in wearing a pair of crocs.

This would not be a problem if I didn't live a 10 minutes walk from where I work and 1 corner over from where she lives!

I can assure you that even if some celebrities were caught wearing them of the red carpet, the fashion world has not fallen in love with them. So they can lose some of their "must have" shame. ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.