Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada A little help needed in Vancouver!

Sensor Girl

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! I had a couple questions for anyone familiar with the Vancouver/Burnaby area. My first question is about where to find cage materials. I tried the Rona by my house but couldn't find the coroplast I was looking for...would Home Depot be better or somewhere else? And I haven't had alot of luck finding the cubes (though I think they did have some at Wal-Mart) again any help is much, MUCH appreciated.

My second question was: Does anyone know of any good small animal vets in the East Vancouver area? If not in East van, then anywhere in Vancouver/Burnaby? My piggy is going fine right now, but I'm adopting some cage-mates in the near future. Any help is again, much appreciated. :cheerful:

wpgcavylovers

Cavy Slave
Greetings from Winnipeg. We also had trouble finding cubes out here. We finally found some at SuperStore but they were $19.99 for 17 peices. We went to Costco and there were the same price but for 30 peices.

We searched all over for coroplast finally finding some at Home Depot for aobut $20.00 for the big peices.

Hope that helps.

Rachel's Cavy Cove

Cavy Slave
I actually found everything I need at the Home Depot. The grids I found in organization and the corplast I found beside the plexiglass. I hope that helps. Have fun making your cage!

Lydia

Cavy Slave
Sensor Girl said:
Hi everyone! I had a couple questions for anyone familiar with the Vancouver/Burnaby area. My first question is about where to find cage materials. I tried the Rona by my house but couldn't find the coroplast I was looking for...would Home Depot be better or somewhere else? And I haven't had alot of luck finding the cubes (though I think they did have some at Wal-Mart) again any help is much, MUCH appreciated.

Hi there and welcome! I'm (obviously) also from the area, and the best deals/easiest palces to get things which we found were Home Depot for coroplast and Costco for cubes. The Costco cube packs have more cubes per pack and are a better price, but you can also find packs at Home Depot if you can't get to a Costco. I can't help you with small animal vets in your area since I'm in Tsawwassen and so I just know the vets in my area. Could I suggest asking the rescue/shelter where you're adopting from if they have any suggestions?

If you have any more 'local' questions, please let me know; I'm happy to help as much as I can. I'm not a cavy expert, but I do know where to find stuff! ;)

Sensor Girl

Cavy Slave
Okay update time!

I found everything I needed at the Home Depot, the cage is half-way built and my new piggies are comming this week! Thank you guys so, so much for the advice! I'll post some pics when the cage is all done and the new pigs arrive! :cheerful:

Lydia

Cavy Slave
Congrats Sensor Girl! That's great news - can't wait to see your pigtures and hear about the new ones when they come home! Please post and tell us about your story of them once you get a chance...

cavynut!!!

Cavy Slave
You can also go to Costco and I got 30 cubes for like under 20 dollars.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.