Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

cookie_gal

Cavy Slave
Hi I've been reading this site for a while and have decided to join as a proper member. I do not currently have any guinea pigs as my work prevents me from devoting enough time to them. My area of work is soon changing so I will be looking into getting a pair from the local rescue soon as I shall have more time.

I've had guinea pigs for over 20 years previously so hopefully I'll be able to join in and share my experience? and enjoy other peoples piggies?

See you around

C&K

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

There are few members here that don't have pigs, just have an avid interest in them, so feel free to don't be a stranger!

It is best to do all the research you need before aquiring a new pet, so dive in and learn what you can! You may find that the standards of care this site promotes are not what you knew about and practiced for 20 years; so please be prepared for some pretty different ideas, particularly on cage size and diet!

NEWBIES- Please Read This Post FIRST!!!

Common Misconceptions about Guinea Pigs and their Care

and, www.guineapigcages.com to get you started!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the group. I am glad things are changing at work for you.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Lucy99

Cavy Slave
I too joined this forum pigless, within I think three weeks my cage was built, dismantled, rebuilt to be made even better - and then I adopted my two precious little boys.

I expected to be pigless until at least after summer, but when I heard that the boys would be going to a pet shop I had to intervene - we are all now very happy together, thanks to all the good people on this forum and their wonderful help and advice.

cookie_gal

Cavy Slave
Thanks for nice welcome, the only thing I did different I guess is they were kept outside, not completely exposed but in a shed. I now know this is not ideal and they will need to move indoors when I get some.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.