PDA

View Full Version : Floor time

Lucy99
07-27-06, 04:58 pm
Jack and Tyler are at the moment enjoying their first REAL floor time. I have had them now 3 weeks, but until today have not been confident enough to let them go for a proper run - as in the whole of the lounge floor! We have a very big, very empty lounge - with NO risk of collasping furniture.

I thought they would really enjoy it, but at first Jack just sat by me without moving and then legged it into a corner, then I put Tyler down who joined him. They are both now just sat in the corner looking at all the space not knowing what to do with it!

Did just have a very exciting moment though (I know you lot will understand) but for the first time Tyler came up to me and took food out of my hand - during floor time too, he doesn't even do that in the cage (Jack does).

PiggieMom
07-27-06, 05:06 pm
That is exciting! They'll grow to love floor time. It just takes some getting used to.

TheQueen
07-27-06, 05:09 pm
Yes, very exciting! A piggy milestone! Hey, mine still cower in the corner sometimes, but for the most part, they love it! I'm sure yours will too!

Lucy99
07-27-06, 05:12 pm
We are now actually starting to discuss a new cage for the boys, we find that their existing one is just too small - I can't believe piggies get kept in cages smaller than ours! They are both 500grams and only 6 weeks old, so we presume they are gonna end up fairly big, we just can't let them live in such a small cage as full grown adults - so the next cage is in the works!

See, your bug has rubbed off on me you guys, and believe it or not on to hubby!

fourbwabbys
07-27-06, 05:14 pm
You've caught the fever! lol

TheQueen
07-27-06, 06:10 pm
Definitely! The worst part is, there's no going back! You upgrade their cage once, then a month later..."How about a 6x2 instead..." I just upgraded my cage to have a "C" shaped loft two months ago, and I'm already scheming to add a third level. :-P

G_Pig_lover
07-27-06, 06:11 pm
Do you have things for them to play with during floortime? Mine like new things or toys to play with. You could try putting some veggies around the floortime area they usally run (or walk) around eating the veggies.

Good Luck!:)

Lucy99
07-27-06, 06:38 pm
Definitely! The worst part is, there's no going back! You upgrade their cage once, then a month later..."How about a 6x2 instead..." I just upgraded my cage to have a "C" shaped loft two months ago, and I'm already scheming to add a third level. :-P

Ha ha, I can see that being me. They already have two cages, one at my parents and one at ours, the one here is a 3 by 3 and at my parents a 2 by 4. The 2 by 4 will have to stay as it is, it is only a temporary place for if we go over for the weekend etc, so I don't think that one matters to much - but the one here is no doubt going to grow forever more!