Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

unread messages?

beccapooka

Cavy Slave
I hope this is the correct place for this post. If not, please direct me.

I've noticed several times in the week or so I've been posting at this site that the threads are not always marked correctly regarding whether or not I have read the posts.

For example, this morning I opened the forum for the first time and several categories had unmarked posts. I clicked on chat and there were maybe 8 or 10 unread topics. I clicked on the bottom-most thread, read that, and when I got back to chat *all* of the threads were marked 'read'. I was able to very easily see which threads I hadn't read since I had started at the bottom, but when I got back out to the list of folders there were no longer any that had the new message symbol. There had been at least 4 when I first opened the forum, and I had only even been inside one of them!

This is not the first time this has happened. It happened at least twice yesterday, and at least once the day before. I guess it's possible that I am doing something wrong, but when this happens I click back to the CavyCages home page and then click on the forum link again, so I would think that would fix everything if it was something I had done. I do not use the back button when reading, always the links at the top to take me back to the list of threads or list of categories.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you may have. (BTW, I'm not as familiar with this type of board, but I really LOVE all the info on your site.)

Rebecca

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.