Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

It was a hard weekend.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
This past weekend I lost three of my animals. Most of my animals are ages range from 10-17 years.

This weekend I lost Runt, a 15 year old cat. The name says it all. He was the runt of a litter, he was sick and so small. His owner decied they had too many cats, so he grabed the mother and dumped her in the woods. I found homes for all the others but kept Runt. He was a wonderful cat and a big baby. I will miss him terribly.

The other two were my rats. They were brothers going on 3. Someone dropped them off in a box at the Best Friends Sanctuary in Utah. They made their way to me as abused 6 mths olds. They died within days of each other, not being able to be apart I assume. Their cage is next to the computor by by GP's. I will miss them coming up for treats as I sit at my computer.

I feel so sad today. Don't want to do much of anything.:weepy:
Thank you guys for being here and knowing what it feels like to lose one of your babies.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry Suzi. Hugs to you. Try to take it easy today.

kittnkarr

Cavy Slave
Gosh, That is a tough weekend.
I am so sorry to hear about your lossing that my pets at one time.
Please take care of yourself.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry about you losses. I too lost 3 pets within a week a couple of years ago. My big ol' Great Dane Stanley of liver failure. Then my rabbit Peach and then a few days later his buddy Marshmallow, who he was strongly bonded with, died.

I thought I would go insane from grief and the inevitable guilt that it was somehow my fault. I'm certain you must feel how I did.

I wish I could tell you that the pain goes away--but it doesn't. You get used to it and learn to "wear" it, like you would learn to wear a ring.

My sympathies and empathy in this difficult time. Rest well little ones.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear, Suzi.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry to hear that Suzi.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. You did a great job taking them in and giving them a life they otherwise couldn't have. Take care, we're all here to talk.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Suzi what a horrible weekend you had. I hope you are feeling a bit better. Your little 'Runt' was so lucky to have lived with you. I have heard that ratties will pine away when one of a bonded pair dies. That is so sad.

Lucy99

Cavy Slave
Oh no, how awful, it is bad enough to lose one of our loved ones, but 3 - you must be distraught, my heart goes out to you.

C&K

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss. We all know that they new love in your home, try to focus on the good times you had with them.

Take care;
:grouphug:

JarBax

Cavy Slave
How awful for you - I too am so sorry to hear your sad news. You gave them all a good, and loving home - a happy life. Sending comforting wishes for you. RIP little ones.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.