Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Sick after eating veggie burger

GSL1445

Cavy Slave
I've been trying to eat healthier. My family is really balking the whole idea. Anyway, I bought some Boca Burgers and ate one yesterday when I fixed my family regular burgers. After lunch I had indigestion and sour stomach deluxe. I wonder if I'm allergic/intolerant to something in them? Anyone else been sick after eating soy/veggie based products?

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Hmm. That is odd. Have you gotten sick from any other soy products? I've never gotten sick from any soy based products. Perhaps it was a fluke, or maybe you are allergic/intolerant.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
My first assumption would be that it was coincidence; if you have the same brand of veggie burgers several times and the same thing happens, then I might think it was an intolerance/allergy.

fairysari

Cavy Slave
I've noticed that if I haven't eaten a lot of soy products in a while, then eat a lot of them all in one day, my stomach will be rumbly, and it can make me gassy. Soy is a bean, so if beans affect you a lot, soy products mught too. I noticed it the other day when I ate a lot of soy yogurt, soy cheese, soy milk, and soy ice cream. Actually, come to think of it, it might just be the soy yogurt, because tofu doesn't seem to have the same effect. Anyway, it could just be the way a certain brand is processed, maybe a different brand would be better. It is also possible to find veggie patties that aren't soy based - I know President's Choice makes one available in Canada, but I don't know about in the US.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.