Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Loose Timothy Hay vs Cubes

Nancy P

Cavy Slave
Just wondering if one is better than the other. Twichy likes them both but I think, if given the choice he would rather have the cubes. Is the loose hay more beneficial? I know it costs less but is there any nutritional difference?

snickers66

Cavy Slave
I am no expert, and I'm not sure about nutritional wise, but my 2 boys LOVE it when I get the hay out and give them 2-3 big handfuls - they run through it and popcorn like crazy :) mine dont seem to care for the cubes very much.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
The cubes have short strands of hay that do not wear the teeth down as well nor do they have the good impact on the gut like long strands of loose hay do.

The cubes are fine as treats but loose, high quality hay should always be available to them.

G_Pig_lover

Cavy Slave
VoodooJoint said:
The cubes have short strands of hay that do not wear the teeth down as well nor do they have the good impact on the gut like long strands of loose hay do.

The cubes are fine as treats but loose, high quality hay should always be available to them.

I agree 100%:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.