Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

my newest girl, Lilah/Athena

poeticrat

Cavy Slave
Its been a while since I started a thread, so I figured I'd post a pretty face for everyone. This is my former foster pig who I ended up adopting. The day after we brought her and the other foster pig home, my significant other asked if we could adopt this one. He never asks for more animals, so of course I couldn't resist since she's such a beauty and sweet too. I can't decide what we're going to call her by, at first I picked Lilah for her name, but then someone suggested Athena which has kind of stuck in my head. So with this new addition, we now have 3 guinea pig girls of our own plus 4 fosters (Jasmine who already has a home lined up, and Chloe's three pups who will be available for adoption through South Carolina Guinea Pig Rescue once they are weaned in a couple more weeks). Here is some pictures of the lovely Lilah-Athena:
lilah3.jpg

lilah2.jpg

Lilah1.jpg

jdomans

Cavy Slave
She is just gorgeous!

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
She is such a cutie and I was planning on taking her for real!!!! ❤️ You are lucky hubby decided right away she was a keeper because I called Patricia the next day and said I would take both of the girls. She than told me you feel in love and was keeping Lilah. I must admit and say I was a bit disappointed (and who would'nt be she is just lovely), but I was, and am, so glad she found a great home. :cheerful:

You had said earlier you had a failed foster. I think you are very wrong. What you do is a great thing, a wonderful gift to many pigs, the gift of life to so many. Many pigs would not even have the opportunity to find a home, but would be put to sleep because of lack of room for people like Patricia to save them all. You opening your heart and home to foster them until they find their forever home is truly a remarkable gift for so many guinea pigs.

Your job is help get them on their feet, watch signs of illness or pregnancy, help them learn to trust and give them a loving, stable place to begin all over again. Lilah touched your heart the moment you saw her, that is a special thing. Don't look at that like you failed, but that you love.

Even though I have never met you, I know that you are a wonderful person with a huge heart. You have to be to do what you do everyday and give so much of yourself to all of these little animals so much in need of a little love and a good home. That is all Lilah wanted and all the others do as well. Lilah was a "lucky" one, but you will press on and help the pigs find a great home like Lilah has today and you should be very proud of yourself. I wish there were more "failures" in life like yourself (((((hugs))))).

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
She's gorgeous. I'd have a hard time letting her go too!

Buggie_00

Cavy Slave
That first picture she looks like a little toupee. How adorable I LOVE the hair! Congrats on the failed fostering. I don't know that I could let them go either.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
She is so adorable!

poeticrat

Cavy Slave
Thanks for all the warm comments everyone. I wasn't planning on a third pig, but we really did fall for Lilah (and how could you not!). I knew it must be fate when Wes asked me so quickly if we could adopt her ourselves. I was thinking it myself but hadn't said anything to him yet. Since getting Lilah, Wes has even started helping me feed them which he never was as into them before. I was really joking about being a foster failure because who would have thought that the home I was going to find her would be my own;) That in itself is really a success. I hope Chloe's 3 pups are as fortunate and find wonderful forever homes like Lilah and Jasmine have once they are ready to travel. I was pleased to learn when I stopped in here that Jasmine would be going to live with you Weaver because I knew she'd definitely be going to a wonderful home where she'll get the princess treatment she deserves. ((Hugs)) to you too for adopting!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.