Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Help me find those Cubes... PLEASE!

Squeakers-Mom

Cavy Slave
I have been to 7 different stores...Super Target, Walmart, Sam's, Home Depot, Lowes, Pet Smart, and Office Depot. I cannot find these cubes anywhere. I live in Rowlett, TX. Can someone please help me find them?

Thank you!

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
The target in San Diego, CA has them. Its just a regular target not a super one.

blink1177

Cavy Slave
Are you sure walmart didn't have them? The ones I found there were just the metal color. Should be where all the kitchen and storage stuff is. Hope that helps.

Amanda

Squeakers-Mom

Cavy Slave
I have been to 2 different Walmarts. I have also gone online to the stores, and was unable to find any. Thanks for replying. I will look again in the kitchen area.
blink1177 said:
Are you sure walmart didn't have them? The ones I found there were just the metal color. Should be where all the kitchen and storage stuff is. Hope that helps.

Amanda

bonairpet

Cavy Slave
I, too, tried many stores but to no avail. I finally found at either Bed, Bath & Beyond or Linens N Things a set of mesh cubes. I have not yet set them up because I'm not sure they'll work...! I asked about the others and they said the mesh ones were the cool ones now. Any other ideas, folks?

beccapooka

Cavy Slave
I just got the same brand that Bed, Bath, and Beyond carries at Sam's Club for less that $10 a box. They only had the chrome color, but that was fine with me.

HTH.

Rebecca

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

NoVeil

Cavy Slave
This is taken directly from a post made by Sue a few weeks ago

Call any Target store near you and press 0 immediately.

Ask for "Guest Services."

When you get someone there, ask them to do a "merchandise locate" for all Target stores within, say, 50 miles of your zip code (or however far you're willing to drive) for item# 002 080 470 (Store-it Kid’s Wire Cubes..these are the mini grids) or #085 11 0185 (Organize-It 6 cube wire storage unit..these are the larger grids).

They will be able to punch the item number into the computer and let you know how many of the grids they have in stock at any of the Target stores within that radius.

Last edited:

KmKrazy9

Cavy Slave
cubes

heck on the Home page og cavycages and go to the 'find materials' section. It should tell you stores that people in your area went to find cubes.

cAvYcRaZy

Cavy Slave
I was able to get my cubes at costco. They were really cheap. About 14$. They were the multi-colored ones too. They also had black and white ones.

Squeakers-Mom

Cavy Slave
I Finally Found Them!

I found them at Target in Rockwall. They were advertised for $14.99. When I got to the register, they rang up at $9.99! I was so excited! I got 3 boxes! I built the cage over the weekend, and got a sister for Squeakers. This morning, they were both running laps in the bottom of their new home! It was great to see.

rocketpoe

Cavy Slave
Are the cubes with MESH Panels ok to use

Hello. I am new to this list. We have just got 2 new baby guinea pigs and we want to upgrade them to a bigger cage, as the one that we had for our other beloved guinea pig is just too small for 2. So we went out and bought some panels...we saw the ones with the square holes/grating, but were worried that they may be able to slip through them--so we bought ones that are MESH sides...are these OK to use?? Is their any chance that they could catch their nails in the mesh-- or possible use it to climb out...any suggestions and wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
cubes

I found my cubes at costco in storage section
good luck

LiciaMommycott

Cavy Slave
Squeakers-Mom said:
I have been to 2 different Walmarts. I have also gone online to the stores, and was unable to find any. Thanks for replying. I will look again in the kitchen area.
FYI - I looked online at all stores and never saw them. I gave up and got them from (broken link removed) (search for "wire cubes") but paid too much. Later I saw them on the shelves at CostCo and Target. It turns out that stores often have stuff on the shelves that they don't list online.

locoman

Cavy Slave
The Cubes!

Try Bed Bath and Beyond. That where i get mine. you might have to ask where they are they like to hide things at mine.
locoman

Squeakers-Mom said:
I have been to 7 different stores...Super Target, Walmart, Sam's, Home Depot, Lowes, Pet Smart, and Office Depot. I cannot find these cubes anywhere. I live in Rowlett, TX. Can someone please help me find them?

Thank you!

rocketpoe

Cavy Slave
Are the mesh cubes ok to use

I have seen everyone's reply to where to buy them...but I bought some wire MESH cube panels(very dense/close together, thin, soft, plastic covered wire mesh). They are the same size and have connectors, but I wondered if this was appropriate to use--and if not, Why?? Could the piggies get their toes caught or could they climb this material?? It seems that they can see out, cage allows good ventilation...so just wondered if this was ok...

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
LiciaMommycott said:
FYI - I looked online at all stores and never saw them. I gave up and got them from (broken link removed) (search for "wire cubes") but paid too much. Later I saw them on the shelves at CostCo and Target. It turns out that stores often have stuff on the shelves that they don't list online.
Glad you found them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
I got mine at target in TX They were $10 for 17 panels and 20 conectors.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Rocketpoe, I know of a few people that use the mesh grids and I see no real harm in using them. They're fine!

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
Glad you were able to find them. I bet you have very happy piggies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.