PDA

View Full Version : coraplast joining

TNpigowner
07-09-06, 10:07 am
Is there any good way to join pieces of coraplast together? Besides Ducktape? ;-)

fourbwabbys
07-09-06, 11:41 am
I can't think if anything else. I use a lot of layers of ductape and it worked for me.

PiggieMom
07-09-06, 11:53 am
Yep ductape is the way to go.

Rachy1412
07-09-06, 12:08 pm
I use cable ties!

Merry
07-09-06, 02:14 pm
I also use duct tape. You can get it in different colors so it looks prettier. :) A good quality mailing tape will also work in a pinch.

Lyndsay
07-09-06, 06:11 pm
I use clear packing tape, it doesn't show up as bad, or make such a yucky sticky mess after removing it.

HighAltitudePig
07-09-06, 06:31 pm
I wonder if silicone caulk would work (like the kind in fishtanks).

PiggieMom
07-09-06, 07:24 pm
I wonder if silicone caulk would work (like the kind in fishtanks).

That would get really messy.

Lyndsay
07-09-06, 08:03 pm
Not to mention what could happen if they ate it.

fairysari
07-10-06, 12:09 am
I'll second clear packing tape. In my adventures in rolling coroplast, it held better than either duct tape or masking tape.

TNpigowner
07-10-06, 10:46 am
Great! thanks!

Lydia
07-10-06, 12:37 pm
What about using a hot glue gun between layers? As long as you just use a nice dot of it, it wouldn't be messy, it would hold pretty well and wouldn't get all sticky like old tape... anyone tried it?

homeschoolmama
07-10-06, 04:01 pm
I used clear packing tape on our first cage. It held up fine for over a year. We used duct tape on the second cage because it was bigger & we were afraid of the tape giving way when we moved it for deep-cleaning, and it seems to be holding up even better. But either way, you can always re-tape!
love,
mom

pennick
07-11-06, 08:28 am
I wonder if using binder clips on the sides would hold it down in place. This way you wouldn't have to use any tape. I am planning on redoing my cage. I am going to scale it down a bit. I want to make something like an L shape and am planning on using 2 separate pieces of coroplast. Will connect one long piece to the shorter piece by using binder clips on the folded outer edges. This way I can just unclip them and pull one piece of coroplast away for cleaning. Will do the same for attaching the grids. Will use a few binder clips to attach the L shape cage. Will be able to separate in 2 to clean. Hope this works.

fourbwabbys
07-11-06, 04:45 pm
I'd be worried something would leak through the crack since it's only held together at the ends.

banjosnotbombs
03-26-07, 01:16 pm
I'm not entirely sure what this is called, but it's like where they make notches in wood working to click them together.. almost like a puzzle. I know this is was posted a long time ago... I'm going to try with my coroplast as soon as I get it home so I'll let you know.

heatherbunnie
03-26-07, 02:43 pm
I just used a bunch of scotch tape and it's held up really well so far.