Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

They keep peeing on me :o(

GadgetGirl

Cavy Slave
How can I tell that my babies have to go to the bathroom? I don't recognize the signs until they are actually peeing on me. Are there specific things I should look for? Any info anyone could give me would be much appreciated.

GadgetGirl the piggie lover:love:

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
My boys start to get super fidgety. They also start to lick or nibble on anything close to their mouth (i.e. my hand, my clothes).

Sviega

Cavy Slave
PiggieMom said:
My boys start to get super fidgety. They also start to lick or nibble on anything close to their mouth (i.e. my hand, my clothes).

Mine nibble on me and start backing up funny.

jburgess

Cavy Slave
All my girls pee on me but i know when theyre going to because they start moving alot and start backing up and lift their butts up and out.

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
I just keep a thick towel on my lap.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
Most of mine do not give any signs at all! They just go when they gotta go and carry on like nothing even happened. Crazy pigs!
I try to hold them with a thick towel and a pee-pad on my lap.

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
I do the lap pad thing too. Otherwise I'm constantly nervous that they are about to let loose! This way, I can hold them for up to an hour as well. I make my lap pads with fleece on top, then cotton batting, then shower curtain, and on the bottom just some cute fabric. I just sew it all together and no longer worry about "accidents".

Tatalp

Cavy Slave
Mine all seem to act uncomforable and move around a lot, and Elsie and Snickers with tug on the towel or my shirt.

cutepiggy

Cavy Slave
We had a piggy that would back up and give a little wiggle.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Half of mine give me warnings, while the other half just go. I always hold them with a towel, and Spaz, Tarzan and Jane will run around a lot. Tarzan and Jane will actually climb on my arm and go right into my face telling me they want to go back.

janetangel

Cavy Slave
I was just got my piggies out and got my foot peed on. Sure was warm.:(
It was also on my side of the bed. Since it is so late I did not do the livingroom floor time. My boys have a friend spending the night and they are all crashed on the livingroom floor. I have a puddle pad and towels, but that is not where Cookie peed tonight. She chose my foot on my side of the bed.
I love that little girl. I love her so much I may sleep with her tonight in her bed since mine is peed on.

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
If your piggies are indeed babies, they might just have very small bladders and if they are wiggly all the time it's hard to tell if they need to pee. Give them time to grow up a little more and they will settle down and hopefully stop peeing on you.

Fay

Cavy Slave
I'm lucky enough that mine learned to pee and poo on the towel and not on anything else although accidents sometimes happen.

muffin

Cavy Slave
Mine get wriggly, so I just put them back in their cage or run, since they also wriggle when they aren't interested in being held any more. I learned this the hard way. One day I was holding Aggie, and she was exploring my lap, and I thought it would be cute to let her snuggle inside the fold of my bathrobe, big mistake. She went in, turned round, and made a lovely hot wet puddle on me. I don't know how so much comes out of them! She also wandered off my boyfriend's lap and relieved herself the second she felt sofa cushion under her paws. So when they wriggle or tug clothing, they get to go. I don't think they're happy peeing on a towel, else they wouldn't wriggle. It really depends on the pig's preference, some obviously don't want to have to move and miss out on laptime!

GadgetGirl

Cavy Slave
nonamian_girl said:
If your piggies are indeed babies, they might just have very small bladders and if they are wiggly all the time it's hard to tell if they need to pee. Give them time to grow up a little more and they will settle down and hopefully stop peeing on you.

Two are around 3 months old and the mother of one is about a year. The mother and her baby, I'm lucky to say, has not peed on me yet but I know it's coming eventually. I'll keep my eyes on them more closely to see if I notice any of the signs everyone talked about. Also, I'm going to make a lap pad just in case I don't ever get it right. Thanks everyone!

GadgetGirl the piggie lover:love:

C&K

Cavy Slave
I have 3 girls, none give warnings, although one is much more likely to pee on me then the others. When I adopted her, they had all her "stuff" ready, and it included a standard pillow for "lap time". It only took being peed on a couple of times to learn what the pillow was for!

We still use it, and throw it through the wash once a week.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.