Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Southern Ontario Hay is being Harvested!

C&K

Cavy Slave
I just wanted to let everyone know, that I got an email from Rachael's Cavy Cove, she followed up with a farmer you all know I have been stocking that grows Timothy hay. I sent him an email a few weeks back on when the timothy may be ready, however I did not recieve a response. Rachael did!

It is being harvested this week, and fresh bales should be ready next week! I am so excited, the price is $7.00 a 70 pound bale, or 10 cents a pound! I am hoping it is good stuff, but from everything I can tell, this should be premium stuff!

Bye Bye to the days of paying 2-3 dollars a pound if this works out!

Here is a link to check it out!
(broken link removed)

I'll let everyone know how it goes next week!

fairysari

Cavy Slave
Yay! Do you think I could just show up there and ask to buy some hay?

Is there anything less than a bale available? Maybe I should just wait until I move to Hamilton in August so I don't have to worry about trying to store a bale here, or moving it eventually.

C&K

Cavy Slave
Yay! Do you think I could just show up there and ask to buy some hay?

Months ago he told me that it was best to call prior to showing up. I think that is reasonable.

Is there anything less than a bale available? Maybe I should just wait until I move to Hamilton in August so I don't have to worry about trying to store a bale here, or moving it eventually.

He said it was $7.00 a 70 pound bale, or you could buy it at 10 cents a pound. I am going to buy two bales if it is good, one for my pigs, and probably donate some to Alice and the rescue. I could probably get you some off of that bale if you want, then when you get to Hamilton, you could get your own?

DH is going to LOOOVE this. First the car is covered in Dog Hair because we have to bring our anxious dog everywhere now. Next it is going to be covered in hay! I wonder who will be vacuuming it out very shortly?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.