Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hay

chunkymonkey

Cavy Slave
OMG Im a horrid owner, i never knew i had to get her hay... i just kept her when i started dating this guy, his x moved out and left her.

Hey - most of us have learned a LOT we didn't know about keeping GPs from this website. You can only start today to make your piggy even happier and healthier!

You'll enjoy watching her eat the hay, too - they just dig in and are so cute to watch them munching away.

can i buy it anyplace??

can i buy it anyplace??
I am not sure what you mean by "anyplace". Chances are, you won't find it in most stores, try pet supply stores, even SprawlMart, or better yet, farm feed stores!

It does not matter too much where you buy it from, what you want is quality. Nice green grass hay that smells sweet and not at all musty. If you can't source a good local deal, then you may try buying it online, Oxbow and Kmshayloft.com are good places to look and excellent quality, however both are experiancing shortages right now I believe. American Pet Diner is another one to try. Many online petstores may carry it too.

If none of this works, try calling a few horse stables. They tend to have good quality hay and may be willing to sell you some!

Just make sure you find Timothy Hay, and not Alfalfa since your piggy is an adult. My WalMart sells it in small packages, but my herd of 5 can eat through that bag in just a couple days.

My piggies eat constantly and I can sit and just watch them eat for hours. I love the way they pace themselves at the different foods - they may eat a couple strips of corn husk, then a little nibble at a cucumber or pepper, then on to some hay. Then they'll take a sip of water and try a pellet or two, then back to the corn husk or lettuce.

They have their favorite foods, but they don't just eat it all gone before trying something else. I wish I could eat like that - if someone put a chocolate silk pie in front of me, and I didn't know better, I'd just eat that yummy pie until it was all gone or I was just stuffed.

I need to start eating like a piggy...more veggies and less of my 'favorite' foods ;)

Here: https://www.guinealynx.info/hay.html

Is your piggie a boy or girl? Do you have a photo? What else are you feeding her and what type of housing does she have?

Have you considered adopting another piggie to keep yours company?

Welcome to the forums. So far you are getting some great advice from our members.

You may not have had a chance to read the forum rules yet. Please do take the time to read over all of our policies and guidelines. We want you to get the maximum enjoyment and value from our forum. Proper posting is a firm requirement here and helps us keep a high standard of readability. We require posters to use proper capitalization, punctuation and avoid chat speak. We ask this in part because this is an international forum and we have many members that do not use English as a first language. Improper writing can be difficult for them to read.

Thank you very much for your attention to these details. We look forward to your continued participation.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.