Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Rude sales people

Alanas

Cavy Slave
I often get bored with my cage design, I like to renovate and put in new things etc, so I go in search for some coroflute. I don't know how many people have this problem but I find many of the sales people in these signage shops quite rude, they ask why I need it and so I tell them and they treat me like some trashy crazy person! The last time I bought some coroflute the owner of the place said in a degrading tone "Come back when you have some business for me." How RUDE!

Lissa

Cavy Slave
I went to one local place to enquire about getting some and they told me that unless I was to have something printed on it, i.e a sign, they wouldn't sell it to me. There words were "We are a printing and signwriting business, We would run at a loss everytime someone was to come and ask for a sheet".

Harleigh

Cavy Slave
That's rediculous, but I guess it depends on where you live. Here in Texas, at least around College Station, the sign shops have been more than willing to DONATE coroplast (huge pieces!) that they were otherwise going to just throw away. They are messed up signs that they company had no way to reuse anyway.

Alanas

Cavy Slave
See, I don't care if they charge me an extra $10 for it, I am just so sick of the attitude of them. I wish you could get it at bunnings. Sometimes I think of asking department stores when they have a sale on if I can have their coroflute sign when the sale is over, I would feel like a scab but it beats dealing with the signage people.

No wait, I have a better, more funny idea. Lets come up with some great excuses when they ask the question "Why do you need it?"

This is a boring excuse but it will work

"I need it for a Uni, TAFE or School Project" at least they won't look at you like you are crazy.

Or

" I have a leak in my roof and I need something to temporarily put in place until it is fixed and I heard this is a good product."

Alanas

Cavy Slave
Does anyone know of any sign places where the people are actually nice?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
alanas said:
Sometimes I think of asking department stores when they have a sale on if I can have their coroflute sign when the sale is over, I would feel like a scab but it beats dealing with the signage people.
This sounds like a wonderful idea to me. All they are going to do is throw the sign away, and if it's anything like it is in the US, most stores get charged by the weight of the pick up when the trash companies come. I'd be willing to bet if you spoke to a store manager, he would put the signs away for you, and you could pick them up once a month or every couple of weeks.

Alanas

Cavy Slave
Yes, I will do that. Thanks!

floey

Cavy Slave
Alanas- I see that you're located in Sydney. Where I get my Corflute from is the Plastix centre. It's located at: 192 Princess Hwy
Arncliffe
NSW, 2205
Australia
You can get a HUGE piece from there in an assorment of colors for around $13. The piece is so big it won't fit in your car! So they usually cut it in half for you, or whatever sized segments you want.

I've found with some sign places they're nice BUT they charge you for the used signs, AND they charge you more than it would cost to buy a new sheet of corflute which is bigger!

Last edited:

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
Sign-a-rama in Newcastle is the best. The guy there knows us now and gives us a $5 discount cos he knows we want it for the piggers.
Emma

amie60

Cavy Slave
We have a sign a rama in Blacktown which is excellent too, we explained that we wanted it for a guinea cage, and they charged us $20 for a massive peice, and when we modified our cage we went back and told them we were making an extension to the cage. They even asked us how the guineas were. :)

Although we did explain exactly how you use it, I told them about the storage cubes, and how the corflute is folded to make a tray for the litter. At first, before we explained what we were doing they looked a little confused, but once we told them how it all works, they were happy to help out. ;)

Alanas

Cavy Slave
Ooh! I live in Blacktown. Okay, is signarama the one on the corner of sunnyholt and vardy's?

littlemissjoey

Cavy Slave
Hey Alanas, I just found this information on the Signarama website that I thought could help you. You were right about the one in Blacktown:

Shop 1A, 202 Sunnyholt Road
Blacktown, NSW 2148
Phone: 02) 9676 4100
Fax: 02) 9676 4911

I'm going to check out our Signarama in Wollongong. Everyone at these franchises seem really nice. :) For anyone else, you can locate your nearest store here: https://www.signarama.com.au/locations/

Alanas

Cavy Slave
Thank you for all of your help!

littlemissjoey

Cavy Slave
No problem! Have you had any luck?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.