PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

Emily F.
07-05-04, 05:40 pm
Hey y'all,

I am going to get my new baby guinea pigs soon, and I was wondering what I should use for bedding? I already have lots of newspaper, and on top of that some shredded newspaper...but what else? Or can that just be fine? I mean, I have alot of knowledge on guinea pigs, but I don't want to spend a fortune on bedding. Thanks.

Lots of Love,

Em

cavylover
07-05-04, 08:15 pm
i use a mix of woodypet and kiln dried cedar.Works good

kennethlhm
07-06-04, 08:55 am
I tried before newspaper + shredded newspaper on top, it works well but need to change it very often, every 2 days. Currently I am using newspaper with wood shavings on top. I changed the bedding once a week only.

Piglet
07-06-04, 10:40 am
cavylover, what do you think of woody pet. Is it any good?

Emily F.
07-06-04, 01:14 pm
Hey,

Thanks everyone! :-) Y'all helped me out! HeHe

Lots of Love,

Em

cavylover
07-07-04, 07:29 am
Woody pets awesome.I put it down and water it down abit to soften the bedding.

Treen
07-07-04, 08:00 am
This is a great page if you're pondering about what kind of bedding to use http://cavycages.com/bedding.htm.

GuineaTV
07-11-04, 10:48 pm
My favorite bedding is Cellsorb- it's made from recycled paper and is super absorbant. I spot clean by just taking a scoop and scooping the wet spots out - almost as easy as cat litter. If you can handle keeping 40 pounds of it around (doesn't take up much space - this is heavy stuff, way more packed than Carefresh) you can get it now at 50% off at www.petfooddirect.com - $20 for 40 pounds. They also sell my favorite hay, Oxbow, for pretty cheap. Sign up for email specials and you'll save enough money to cover the shipping!

Hey, I think I'll start my own thread so everyone knows about this!