Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Guinea pig available for adoption in Newfoundland .

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
I was just looking through some classifieds on line for Newfoundland and found this . I know there are not too many newfies out there , but there are one or two that may read this here . This little guy needs a buddy and is free to a forever loving home . Sorry no picture. https://www.adpost.com/ca/pets/7707

sarav

Cavy Slave
I live here in Newfoundland and I would LOVE to adopt him but I can't afford it. Hopefully he finds a good home. I'm going to keep an eye on the add if he isn't gone soon I'll probably take him anyway. I never even knew this site existed (I'm a newbe here), but I've always said that I'd love to rescue a piggie here because there are so few of them that are up for adoption.

Jen_272

Cavy Slave
I would like to get another guinea pig! But first i have to wait untill my piggie gets better! As soon as he do i will be looking to get another! I just hope that their are some out there when im ready, if you want to contact me, my e-mail is [email protected], i would love to write to ppl about guinea pigs!!
Jenna

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
Hey Jen , Its great that you will be looking for another one , make sure that they are the same sex . I posted that a while ago 'so maybe you should just call and see if the pig is still available , If not just keep looking through ads and stuff for adoptable guinea pigs , usually one or two pop up on kijjij St.Johns web site , just keep looking . Whats wrong with your pig you have now ? Have you taken him to see a vet ?

Jen_272

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig, Bailey, will not use his hind legs to walk! Two weeks ago i woke up to find him this way, it happened over night! I brought him to the vet twice now, she dont know exactly what the problem is, it could be alot of things, most she named out she said it was tempary and that he will get over it! He is eating and drinking normally she said otherwisde he is healthy! He can move his back legs just not for walking! He also has another problem which is VERY weird iv been trying to find it on the internet but i cant find anything!
thanks for writing me!
Jenna

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Jen, please start a new thread about your piggy. That sounds very serious.

Jen_272

Cavy Slave
Im not really sure where to put it! i havent really had time to look at this sit much!
Jen

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
Even if you just post in the cavy chat forum , Just click forums and you should see it on the very top . Maybe someone has experienced this before also with there pigs .I agree with fourbwabbys that does sound very serious , you should try to find a new vet . My friend's vet is in mount pearl , Im not sure the name but he does deal with guinea pigs . Maybe you can look it up a new vet in the phone book but make sure if you call ,ask first if they treat and know about guinea pigs .

Jen_272

Cavy Slave
Yeah, thats where my vet is, in Mount pearl! Its probably the same one, because i have call EVERYWHERE, lol, and the vets gave me three places that treat guineas! One isnt taking anymore clients! Another said they know enough for cheak ups, so i went to the one in mount pearl!

Jenna

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.