Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hello I am new

Kori'smom

Cavy Slave
I have been reading alot of the threads on this forum and finnaly desided to join.

My name is Amy and I just adopted a 3 week old guinea pig. Her name is Kori. I have 3 little girls twins that are 9 and one 6. We have a zoo at home. So I stay very busy taking care of my animal babies.

I did a lot of research on the c&c cages and this past weekend we built one for the girls rabbits. When Kori get's a bit bigger we are going to make her a c&c cge also.

C&K

Cavy Slave
Thats great about building the C&C!

I can appreciate that you already have a zoo on your hands, but would you consider getting another pig to keep Kori company? They really do better in pairs.

Of course, depending on where you are adopting from, a 3 week quarantine would be wise!

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll learn loads here about your little piggy! That's great about the C&C! Hey, how about some pigtures for us?!

Kori'smom

Cavy Slave
Cavies and Kids said:
Thats great about building the C&C!

I can appreciate that you already have a zoo on your hands, but would you consider getting another pig to keep Kori company? They really do better in pairs.

Of course, depending on where you are adopting from, a 3 week quarantine would be wise!

I have thought about getting another but wanted to wait and make sure I sexed her right.

Kori'smom

Cavy Slave
here are a couple pictures of Kori.

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

I hope I did that right.

Kori'smom

Cavy Slave
cool I did it right. In the second one you can tell how little she is.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
She is beautiful. Next time if you use the IMG the picture will be in your post.
She really is beautiful. Why wait for her to get bigger to build a C&C cage? She needs room to investigate and popcorn and such. After you give her a pigloo or cozy most of her store bought cage space is gone. don't wait go ahead.
Welcome

Kori'smom

Cavy Slave
jdomans said:
She is beautiful. Next time if you use the IMG the picture will be in your post.
She really is beautiful. Why wait for her to get bigger to build a C&C cage? She needs room to investigate and popcorn and such. After you give her a pigloo or cozy most of her store bought cage space is gone. don't wait go ahead.
Welcome

the reason why I was gonna wait to build her a C&C cage is cause I was affraid she would get out of the holes in the grids.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Ah yes she is a tiny thing!! I wasn't thinking. Slap me with a trout!!
I am still oogling over how beautiful she is.

HazElnUt5

Cavy Slave
i just joined the forum today, but i have two guinea pigs already...i just figured what the heck why not. hehe i know random oh well

GadgetGirl

Cavy Slave
Kori'smom said:
here are a couple pictures of Kori.

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

I hope I did that right.

She's so cute and tiny! I think you did perfect if this is your first time. I've been on here for about a week or two and I haven't mastered it yet. Good show!

Gadgetgirl the piggie lover:love:

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
Aw, she's so beautiful! I love the markings and colour! They're so cute when they're that small. I remember when my pigs were pups.

C&K

Cavy Slave
She is really adorable!

www.Cavyspirit.com has info on sexing that may help you! If there is any doubt you are right it is best to wait. Sometimes a vet tech is willing to help you out at no charge!

One thing that is suggested to help baby proof a C&C is to put up 10-12 inch sides, made out of coroplast or Cardboard. it may be hard to see her cage antics from afar, but at this young energetic stage they appreciate the extra room!

Also, you could double up the grids, or get a mesh or kids grid with smaller spaces. I really like the look of the mesh grids.

Look over the photogallaries, you will get lots of ideas!
https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/508

Kori'smom

Cavy Slave
Cavies and Kids said:
She is really adorable!

www.Cavyspirit.com has info on sexing that may help you! If there is any doubt you are right it is best to wait. Sometimes a vet tech is willing to help you out at no charge!

One thing that is suggested to help baby proof a C&C is to put up 10-12 inch sides, made out of coroplast or Cardboard. it may be hard to see her cage antics from afar, but at this young energetic stage they appreciate the extra room!

Also, you could double up the grids, or get a mesh or kids grid with smaller spaces. I really like the look of the mesh grids.

Look over the photogallaries, you will get lots of ideas!
https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/508

thanks for the info. I thought about using the coroplast and just make it taller. When we get she out she loves her floor time. It is tooo cute to watch her.

As for the sexing I went to that site and it helped alot so I am hoping I was right.

C&K

Cavy Slave
As for the sexing I went to that site and it helped alot so I am hoping I was right.

Unfortunately, the little ones can be missexed sometimes as babies, I think a couple extra weeks if you are really nervous could help.

You can also do a search for help sexing, it should pull up many past threads!

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Kori is beautiful. She will love her C&C cage and all the spoiling she will undoubtedly receive from you! There is endless advice on this forum, and if you are anything like the majority of us you will be learning something new all the time. Anything you want to know, there will be someone who can help you.

I understand this is a tiny bit off topic, but you mention you have twin daughters. My mum is expecting twins any day now! There will be little under two decades between me and the twins (boy and girl) so it was a surprise to say the least. Just had to say.

Laura ~ CCC
xx

Kori'smom

Cavy Slave
cavy-cool-crazy said:
I understand this is a tiny bit off topic, but you mention you have twin daughters. My mum is expecting twins any day now! There will be little under two decades between me and the twins (boy and girl) so it was a surprise to say the least. Just had to say.

Laura ~ CCC
xx

that is cool. My mom is also a twin and when my sis and I were younger we always would say I wonder who will have twins. I wanted twins so bad and I got them. They are so much fun.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. I think it's a good idea to sex her right before adopting a second but we do recommend at least two since they are herd animals. Good luck and can't wait to see more pics.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.