Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

2nd post-pregnancy question

oboe21

Cavy Slave
I have a piggie who is pregnant (1st time for me & her).
I am trying to figure out when she is going to have the babies.
I have read about feeling for her pelvic area, but I can't figure that out on her.
I can feel two babies for sure and they move around quite a bit. They have a pretty strong kick to them.
Could this mean they are soon to show? Thank you for the advice I have gotten from this forum (website). It's very helpful to me!!

Please send any advice you can!!

AggiePig

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig Aggie just gave birth last weekend. I noticed that in the last few days before she delivered I was actually able to see the babies moving around at times. (very strange to see your guinea pig's side poking out like a tent!) I started noticing that I could feel movement about three weeks before she delivered.

Also, and I don't know if this was just my imagination, but the day before she delivered, Aggie seemed to have a problem keeping her back feet in line underneath her. They kept splaying outward to the sides.

This was the first time I had to act as guinea pig midwife though, so hopefully someone more experienced can give you more info.

Ruby77

Cavy Slave
Hi there, congrats on impending grannyhood!!
If you have your piggie sitting on your lap with her facing away from you, put a finger between her legs right under her 'bits', you should either feel a 'tip' where the bones meet or if you can get a finger or part of a finger inbetween the bones that means they are seperating and she should deliver in the next few days. It is hard to explain really how to feel for these bones but if you are feeling the right place and her bones aren't open, believe me when they do, you will know.
Good luck for the babies and let us know how she gets on!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.