Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing Mei and Joon

GadgetGirl

Cavy Slave
I don't know if I did this right before, but here goes. I would like to introduce Mei (May), my Abysinnian (sp.?) and Joon (June) my American Silky (I think) to everyone. I'm a fairly new cavy owner and friend and I thought it would be a good idea to be in touch with other people like me who loved their piggies as much as I do. These girls are funny to watch. Mei is quite a bit larger than Joon and she spends a lot ot time pushing Joon around. Joon is learning to stand up for herself though.

Does anyone know how I can get Joon to not be so afraid of me when I go to pick her up. She still cries when I reach for her. Mei doesn't do that anymore and I don't get it. Am I doing something wrong?

I look forward to chatting with everyone.:)

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I also have a Mei.

I saw you posted in the galleries that you were looking for mesh grids. I found them at Linens N' Things. They should have them in stock in a lot of colors. Just don't use them for hay racks.

We would love to see pictures of your girls! From your picture it looks like you do have an Abby and an American.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. I would love to see pigtures.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Glad you found us. Welcome.

GadgetGirl

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I would like to show you the pictures of my babies but I need to figure out how to do it. It looks like my picture files are too large. Can anyone help me?

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Yep I hope I can. Open a photobucket account. Now I resize my photos before I put them on Photobucket but apparently you can resize them on photobucket. I resize to usually a 3 x 5. upload and use the IMG picture. Copy and paste it in your post.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
I usually resize in Photobucket! I post my picture and if it comes out big then I usually resize by either 75% or 50%. My originals are usually 1000x1500 pixels in size so are usually very big.

Welcome to the forum. Love the names Mei and Joon, especially the way they are spelt.

GadgetGirl

Cavy Slave
What is Photobucket and where do I get it?

I took some real cute pics of my babies this weekend and I really want to share them with everyone.

Mei and Joon want to be seen

Signed Gadgetgirl the piggie lover:love:

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
www.photobucket.com

Just register and then upload your photos. Then paste the URL of the photo here.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Use the IMG and the photo will be in your posts.

GadgetGirl

Cavy Slave
Thanks for your help folks. I'll do this tonight so my girls can be seen.

I truly appreciate all the help I get from the people on this site. I want to be the best mom to my animals and I want them to be happy with me.

Signed Gadgetgirl the piggie lover:love:

GadgetGirl

Cavy Slave
I know I introduced myself already, but I have a question for anyone who could help me. I live in Delaware and like I said, I have my babies, Mei and Joon. I think I would like to maybe get another piggie and I have no idea where to get one with the exception of a pet store. Does anyone live in or near my area who can help me with this? I don't plan to get one until I build a larger cage but it would be good to know about all my piggie resources.

Also, has there ever been a pignic in my area? I would love to meet other piggie lovers, I feel actual physical connections would be a positive in my life with my girls. Thanks in advance for any and all help I can get.

Gadgetgirl the piggie lover:love:

Last edited by a moderator:

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
How close are you to Wallingford, PA? There is a piggy rescue there with lots of pigs.

(broken link removed)

There is also a couple pigs at a shelter in Kent County, DE.

https://www.petfinder.com/shelters/DE02.html

As for Pignics, there is a list of all of the current ones here: (broken link removed)

GadgetGirl

Cavy Slave
Slap Maxwell said:
How close are you to Wallingford, PA? There is a piggy rescue there with lots of pigs.

(broken link removed)

There is also a couple pigs at a shelter in Kent County, DE.

https://www.petfinder.com/shelters/DE02.html

As for Pignics, there is a list of all of the current ones here: (broken link removed)

Thank you very much. I'm going to increase the size of my cage before I make any moves to get one or two more piggies. I like the bi-level cages and living in an apartment, this will be the most feasible for me and my babies.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Gorgeous girls! The only thing you need to do is resize the picture to be a little smaller.

GadgetGirl

Cavy Slave
I've been trying to put pictures of Mei and Joon on here for everyone to see but they still keep coming out too big. I've tried to resize them on Photobucket and it's not working for me. What am I doing wrong? I just don't get it.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Resize them before you put them up. Make them 3 x 5 and then upload them.

Neville's dad

Cavy Slave
Hi ,
I found it helped to give treats when you pick them up, find something they really like and use it to your advantage. Apple or carrot works for my boys. They will come to edge of cage and leading them along I have taught them use ramps and new boxes. Along with being excited to see me they seem less stressed when I pick them up. It takes some time and even now they have thier moments.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.