Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introduction (with pigtures!)

AltoRose

Cavy Slave
Hi, fellow cavy slaves!

I've been lurking here for about a month, but this is my first post. My name's Angela, and I live in Wilmington, DE. I currently have two piggies named Leo and Max. We've had them for two months--their exact age is unknown, but Max is estimated to be about eight months old, and Leo is about five months.

My husband and I got them from a pet store before we knew how bad that was...thanks to this site and several others, that will NOT happen again. As a matter of fact, we're in the process of adopting a third piggie (we'll be picking him up next week) from a local rescue.

That's about it, but here are some pigtures of our two boys! (The quality isn't that great; hopefully I'll have better pictures to post soon.) These were taken soon after we first got the boys, so they're both muchmuch bigger now (Leo especially--he's bigger and chubbier than Max now!)

leo2.jpg

Leo

max2.jpg

Max

piggies6.jpg

piggies7.jpg

piggies5.jpg

AggiePig

Cavy Slave
Oh I absolutely love Leo's ears! They stand up pretty high and give him lots of character!

Amber23

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Your pigs are so cute, and I agree that Leo's ears are great!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
OK I checked checked my cage and Jenny is still there! Max is a duplicate of my Jenny. Leo's ears are wonderful.
DSCF1610sm.jpg

AltoRose

Cavy Slave
Max is a duplicate of my Jenny.
Oh my goodness, they could be twins! Jenny is so cute on top of her pigloo.

guineasqueak

Cavy Slave
They are very sweet. How far does the white on Leo's belly go?

AltoRose

Cavy Slave
How far does the white on Leo's belly go?
Just under his neck. (His left side is almost completely tan, and his belly is tan.)

leo1.jpg

jdomans

Cavy Slave
I think we all would like a close up full face of Max and the ears!!!

AltoRose

Cavy Slave
Hopefully I'll have some close-up pictures soon...I'm going shopping for a digital camera this weekend, but until then all I have is a cheap disposable with no zoom. But once I get a new camera, I'll have tons more pictures of the boys!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Hey - join the club! You'll love your digital camera! Look forward to seeing lots more piccies of your gorgeous piggies!

AltoRose

Cavy Slave
I finally got a digital camera, so I have new pigtures of Leo and Max, as well as our new baby Abby, Tybalt, over in the cavy chat thread. They've both gotten so big---Leo's ears don't stick up quite so much anymore, but he's still got the cutest piggie face. :)

JennG

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear that you understand why we stress rescuing. And your boys are adorable. Congrats also on adopting another boy. You may want to check out how to do quarantines and introductions. You'll want to keep your new boy away from the other two for 3 weeks to make sure the new piggie is free of any illnesses. And then comes the introductions, which may be alittle rocky at first but should go just fine. Good luck.

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
Your max is my Belle's twin!!!!!!All he is missing is a copper patch on his side. I had to do a double take!

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum, they are cuties.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.