Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

KMs Hayloft -- Shortage

kittnkarr

Cavy Slave
Hello and FYI..

I wasn't sure if anyone has been to KM's website recently but I had just received an email from her about her Orchard Grass (formely BlueGrass) and if she was going to be getting some in according to the date on her site. She said that the weather (rain) has been really bad and the farmers fields are ruined at this point. She is hoping to have some soon, if the weather stays dry, and will be updating her site to point this out.

I needed to replenish my supply with both Timothy and Orchard but now it will be Timothy.:sad: The pigs like it but not as much as the Orchard.

aml1676

Cavy Slave
Oxbow is out of orchard grass, also -- I usually buy from them since I can get it locally. Must be a bad year.

I did find some nice Mountain Grass from American Pet Diner -- I can buy it locally, also, and the piggies seem to like it just as well. It's a little stemmier than the orchard grass, but just as green and sweet-smelling.

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
I have a very hard time getting any but the smallest packages of orchardgrass from Oxbow, too. :\

kittnkarr

Cavy Slave
Well, I finally got my box of hay this weekend from my b/f job. We have it shipped there since we don't live in a place where they can leave shipments and he finally just got back from an out of town trip.

I was amazed at how green and fresh this latest batch was. I was a little worried since there was a shortage of hay and all at KM's but she is still managing to ship out whatever she can. I am glad that I ordered when I did. Hopefully this new batch last me awhile until she has her supply up again.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I'm hoping things get better on the hay and pellet front too. I'll order a box of timothy if I absolutely have to, but I'm hoping the bluegrass I have will last me until KM gets more in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.