Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Scales

Cavies&Orcas

Cavy Slave
From which store can you get a scale?:confused: I have a Big Lots, a Walmart, an Aldi's and a Lowes close to me. Do any of those stores have scales. Thanks so much in advancelol.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I got a cheap digital kitchen scale at Walmart.

Cavies&Orcas

Cavy Slave
Thanks Fourbwabbys I'll look there.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Wal-Mart, Linen's and Things, or Bed Bath and Beyond in the kitchen gear section. Get one without a basket and then go to the dollar store and get a plastic container for a buck!

Cavies&Orcas

Cavy Slave
Thanks jdomans, I will, there is a Wal-mart close by and a Dollar store next to it:).

Dr Doughnut

Cavy Slave
I got mine from linens and things, 10 dollars, still good

TipiDancer

Cavy Slave
Haha, I'm going to Walmart to get one tomorrow before I go camping.

C&K

Cavy Slave
From which store can you get a scale?:confused: I have a Big Lots, a Walmart, an Aldi's and a Lowes close to me. Do any of those stores have scales. Thanks so much in advancelol.

I got my first scale at a Walmart when I first got my fosters, Oats and Trixie. It was in a separate "kitchen gadget" area with manual scales, even though it was electronic I think because of the price point, $20 or $25.00. Basically, they did not want it to rob from the sales generated from the more expensive scales, at $50.00 and up in appliances I think.

Anyway, it seemed to be working well, one of my fosters was dropping weight, and then my daughter threw it in the sink full of water!

Not impressed, it was distroyed! (I waited three days to see if it would dry out and be fine, but it never gave an accurate reading again) So, needing a scale desperately, I went looking again. Walmart sold out of the cheeper one, so I was getting desperate for an under $50.00 model.

I found one at "The Source". In Canada they are glorified Radio Shacks, but they had my scale, it was $30.00 much higher quality, and it came with a meat thermometer! How perfect is that for checking temperatures at the same time?lol.

sophistic_chick

Cavy Slave
I bought my mini scale at the Source by Circuit City here in Canada. It so small that I have to put a box on top of it so I can weigh Bo. It was $20 Canadian. I have seen some at my local Wal-mart.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.