Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I need to rehome my girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amber23

Cavy Slave
I need to rehome my girls. I am having family and personal issues and I ask that you not bash me for needing to do this. Viloet and Daisy MUST be homed together. They are sisters and have been together thier whole life. Squirrel and Rhapsody can be together or apart. They are not bonded with with each other or the other 2 but if they are seperated they have to go with other pigs. I have TONS of cubes to give if anyone needs them, also igloos and such. The coroplast I have is old and not in the best shape but will give it away also. I will drive pretty far to make sure they are getting a great home.

Pamela Barr

Cavy Slave
Do you have any pigtures?

JennG

Cavy Slave
I'm really sorry you have to rehome your girls. If I was in a better state of mind, I'd consider taking two for ya. Good luck.

Pamela Barr

Cavy Slave
I would love Squirrell, where do you live in IN, I'm about an hour South of Louisville. How old is she?

janetangel

Cavy Slave
If you could get them to AZ I would take them. My son is bugging me to get my own piggies. I told him I cannot help falling in love with his who are girls. They would still live together. I am not looking trying to adopt, but if the opportunity comes up I will take it.

Amber23

Cavy Slave
Pamela- I replied to your PM about Squirrel.

Thanks, I think Arizona may be too far though, :)

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
I hope you have some luck placing your pigs, Amber; hopefully you'll get as lucky as I did and have someone as wonderful as Dangness adopt a few.

You have our full support - just let us know what you need.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry Amber! If I could convince my finace to let us take them I really would. I wish you the best of luck in finding them a home.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Why do the incredibly adorable piggies who need homes have to be so dang far off? Rhapsody is absolutely precious. If I had a car right now, I would SO be coming to Indiana. I don't have to be back at work after tonight until Thurday at 6pm.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
I so so so wish I could afford some more but I am at my limit here. They are very cute. Good luck with adopting them out.

ccclausen

Cavy Slave
Re: Interested in Iowa

I am a new pig owner looking to adopt. I live in Iowa but my husband goes out to chicago every week. I was given a four year old pig that grew up in a litter pan of a home. I have made it my duty to let my pig really live the last few years it may have left! Everything i have read says besides getting a bigger cage they need a play mate. I really dont want to go to a pet store!

Amber23

Cavy Slave
Percy's mom - I am actually going to be going to Virginia with my boyfriend and his mother to visit thier family. Im not sure when but I know its in the next month or so. I was thinking that I would keep Rhapsody because she is older and I want to make sure she is taken care of well but if you were to take her, I would know she would be taken care of.

I found a home for Squirrel with Pamela Barr. Im still looking for a home for Violet and Daisy.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Right now, with 2 new girls still in their initial quarantine and Percy recovering from/in quarantine after his neuter, it's probably best for me not to adopt any one else for a while. You said Rhapsody is older. How old is older? My 2 current girls are 3, and Percy is 2. Please keep us updated on getting everyone into good homes.

Amber23

Cavy Slave
Well since she was abandoned, I don't know her official age. The vet thought she could be around 5. She also has cataracts. I think that I might just keep her. She doesn't seem to enjoy the company of the rest, she always stays away and wheeks when they get to close, so I think that she would be okay by herself. What do you think?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
It sounds like she might be a loner. If you already know her medical history and her needs, and you're able to care for her that might be best. Maybe you can give each other some comfort and companionship.

Amber23

Cavy Slave
Im getting a second job for now, Im sure I can atleast afford her. It just adds up for all 4, veggies alone will kill me. I just hate this whole situation and not knowing how long it might be. Thanks for the support.

C&K

Cavy Slave
I am glad that it looks like you are working stuff out, if not slowly.
Hopefully an adoptor will come along for the other two soon!

Ccclausen, do you have a girl or a boy? If you husband has access to Chicago there is a really great rescue there called the "Critter Corral" you definately will not need to look at petstores! Try Petfinder.com if these two girls of Ambers are not compatible with your pig!

Amber23

Cavy Slave
Well, everyone has a home. Squirrel is going on a road trip tomorrow to Louisville. She is getting a new home with Pamela Barr from here on cavy cages.

I emailed a couple shelters to see if there was anyone looking for a couple piggies. I thought that if someone was waiting to adopt, then that would probably be the best home. There is actually a shelter worker in another town that was waiting for a couple pigs to come into thier shelter to adopt! She emailed me today about them, I am meeting her tomorrow also. She has a C&C cage and everything all ready set up, just waiting for some pigs. Originally they were supposed to goto someone on here but turns out she couldn't get them. This family I think will be the next best thing.

I am keeping Rhapsody. She hasn't had the best life and I would hate to move her again, she is an old girl.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I hate that what you're going through made it so you had to give up your girls, but it sounds like you found wonderful homes for them. I hope the rest of your current issues begin to resolve as easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.