Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Linoleum flooring

Lucy's mom

Cavy Slave
I have a piece of linoleum in the attic that I could use for my new cage, but it's been up there for about 11 years, ever since we bought the house. I know linoleum doesn't go bad on the floor in the kitchen, but does anyone know if older un-used stuff is ok? I just want to make sure that no harmful chemicals can surface after laying around for so long.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
I don't think it would go bad, at least I've never heard of anything like that. I would clean it up really good though, at least with vinegar if not a very dilluted bleach solution.

katiecavyNC

Cavy Slave
If it has been rolled it might be brittle from being stored where there is heat, but if it is in good shape, I'd clean it and use it!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
That was my thought too katie. The only thing I can think of that could be wrong with it (other than an outdated pattern on the linoleum), is that it might be brittle. If the lino is still flexible, I would clean it with a vinegar or vinegar/water solution, and use it. Free is ALWAYS my favorite price for building materials!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.