Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Mama's Gone!

JennG

Cavy Slave
:weepy: I noticed late yesterday that Mama wasn't acting like herself. When I went down last night (late veggie supper), she didn't come out of the pigloo like normal to be carried (yes, she was spoiled) to the 2nd level kitchen area for veggie time. When I got her, I noticed a runny nose. Off to quarantine she went. Unfortunately it was 9pm and Hannah was in bed, hubby was gone and the ER vet is 2hrs away. I was going to take her today but my son woke me up at 6am to tell me she had past.

This is so hard. I love all my girls but I favored her. She was one that would come up to the cage to beg for treats. She was the one that would give me kisses. She was the one that lost a baby a week and a half after I adopted her. She was my baby! I miss her so much but I'm grateful that she's not suffering. I called my friend, Jeni, who has Lola buried in her yard and we're going to bury her next to Lola tomorrow. (It's raining today.)

I hate that this happened and don't understand why. They haven't been outside. I haven't added to my herd since December. They haven't been exposed to any other animals. And no ones been sick for awhile here. She was one of the original trio. I adopted her 7/23/05.

I'm not adding anymore. I have six now and that's it. As much as I love my girls and want more, I can't do it. It hurts too bad.

Here's a few pics to remember her by:

Sweet Mama Snowbelle (RIP: 7/23/05 to 6/11/06)
https://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a95/JennG2005/My Girls/Mama/?

https://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a95/JennG2005/My Girls/Mama/?

My first picture of the original trio (Snickers, Angel & Mama). This is the petfinder picture of them.:

https://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a95/JennG2005/My Girls/?

And this is one of the 1st picture I took of the girls: (Angel, Mama & Snickers):
https://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a95/JennG2005/My Girls/?

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
No way! My heart literally skipped a beat when I saw the title. I can't believe she went downhill so fast.

I am so sorry Jenn. She was so beautiful. How old was she?

Thinking of you.
xx

JennG

Cavy Slave
Thanks CCC! I'm thinking she was around 1- 1 1/2 years old. Not very. And yeah, it shocked the crap out of me on how quickly she went down hill. I'm still in shock. Like I said, she was MY baby! And she will be missed very much. My kids are doing ok but I think I'm taking it harder with her. I'm just glad she didn't suffer too much. I was planning on getting her to the ER vet today but....

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
Jenn I am so sorry for you and your family. I know you loved Mama the most and that is making this even worse for you. Know in you heart that she knew you loved her and was a great mom and caregiver to her. The good thing was she did not suffer and went peacefully, the way all of us pray our loved ones go. She is with Lola now, running in the fields, sun shining brightly, keeping one another company forever.

I want you to think about something, for at least today . . .I know you are in shock and the pain of losing your baby is very hard. You will make it through this, just like you did after losing Lola. Think about the good times you had with your girls and all the loving and lasting memories that you created with them being in your life and in your heart. All of that would NEVER have been possible if you had not allowed yourself to take the girls into your home and given them the chance to become part of your family. Even though our animals do not have a long life expendancy as for say a human, the impact they leave on us stays with us forever. Don't close down and allow that love to end. Your heart is big and many little furry ones are waiting for a place like yours to call home. (((((hugs)))))

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry, my heart sank when I saw the title. I'm shocked, I know how much you loved her, you'd always talk about her like she was your baby. I know you miss her so muchm but you gave her such a great life. You took care of her when she had her baby, and I know she felt better when you cheered her up after losing her. She knows just how much you loved her. This reminds me of a quote I read by a four year old, "Animals already know hoe to be nice and love everybody, so that's why they don't have to stay here so long." Stay strong Jenn, we're all here for ya.

ScottandDebbie

Cavy Champion
Cavy Slave
I am sooooo very...... sorry. :weepy:
Hugs to you Jenn.
My thoughts are certainly with you.
Wish to heavens there were more I could do than just type words on this screen for you. Please *DO* know that my thoughts are with you.

Gentle Hugs,
Debbie

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I'm so very sorry Jenn. Know that I am here PHB if you need me.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I'm sorry Jenn. It almost sounds like a heart condition. Something you may never know is a problem until it's too late. Our friends are so good at hiding their symptoms that sometimes we can't help but blame ourselves when they unexpectedly pass.

Don't make yourself feel worse then you already feel. Since she passed so quickly after the onset of symptoms I'm sure the vet would not have been able to do anything to help.

Hugs to you and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
You've really been through the wringer with your pigs lately. I'm so sorry, Jenn. She was a lovely pig.

KPIGGY

Cavy Slave
Sorry to hear of your loss. Take care.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Oh goodness Jenn. I am so sorry. I know how close you were to her. She was a lovely pig. Great big hugs from me and the boys. :hug: If you need to talk I'm here.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone! It's been really hard to go downstairs. Her body is still down there wrapped in a real pretty towel. I wish it weren't raining. :( I think the other girls notice that she's not there. They seem to be quieter today. I just can't believe how quickly she went. She was fine Friday night and Saturday she just had the runny nose but she was eating fine and acting ok. I just don't understand. My poor baby. I feel alittle lost.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Aww, Jenn it will get easier. Maybe spend a few minutes with her to say goodbye, it will help ease the pain. Stay strong.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
When I read the title of this thread I prayed I would not see your name as the author. I am crying for you right now. I know how much she meant to you. I am so sorry and I will always be here if you need to talk or need a shoulder to cry on.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry Jenn. I saw the title and hoped it wouldn't be you. I know how much she ment to you. She know you loved her a lot and she loved you back. I am here if you need to talk.

Maisiepaisie

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your loss Jen. I've been there too and it hurts like hell. My thoughts are with you.

Sarah x

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
Oh Jenn, I am SO sorry. I know she was one of your original piggies and you loved her so much. RIP little girl. :(

Charlie's_mamma

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry Jenn. Mama was one pretty girl and at least she died in a good home with a good "mommy". At least Paulie has another piggy to play with. ::BIG hugs::

kittnkarr

Cavy Slave
Jenn,

I'm so sorry to hear about Mama. I just got home from work and this is the first thread that caught my eye. My condolences to you, our family, and the rest of the girls.

Jovita

JennG

Cavy Slave
Thanks for everyone's thoughts. We'll be ok. I'm still in shock and probably will be for awhile. I haven't spent too much time with the other girls today. Just trying to do some mourning about Mama. We'll get back to "normal" or at least the new kind of normal. It'll be strange to count 6 heads instead of 7. I was just getting used to counting 7 from 8 when Lola passed away in March.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.