PDA

View Full Version : Expensive bedding

popcorn_kirby
06-29-04, 02:37 am
I always buy Carefresh bedding for my gp's. But, jesus, it's $30 (CDN) for 50 litres. Anyways my parents are angry with the cost so my dad thought of something: he says this stuff people put in their insulation or something is just like it. (dried up newspaper). Is it really dried-up newspaper because if it is Carefresh must be making alot of money.

cavylover
06-29-04, 07:21 am
Where in canada are you located,im in ottawa and have a local carefresh guy so i get a 50 for only 15 bucks.I switch between carefresh and woodypet bedding.(horse bedding)

popcorn_kirby
06-29-04, 02:40 pm
I live in BC. wanting to find a cheap supply too. Wish they had a factory round here or something. I only use Carefresh because it keeps their smell down or something to help with my allergy to gp's.

cavylover
06-30-04, 06:49 am
Ill try and see if he ships by fedex for something but could cost you the same as a normal 50 bag would.I also know a couple people in Grand parie (alberta) if you wanted to drive there you could get a very good deal on 100 bags for like 25 bucks.

popcorn_kirby
06-30-04, 05:11 pm
Yeah I think I could. My grandparents live pretty close to Grand Prairie and they come down alot. 100 bags of 50 L for $25?? Is that an exaggeration?

Merrill
07-01-04, 03:41 pm
If the 100 bags for $25 bucks doesn't work out, then why don't you try putting a cheaper bedding underneath the carefresh and then a thin layer of the carefresh on top. I have Aspen on the bottom and Carefresh on top.