Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Expensive bedding

popcorn_kirby

Cavy Slave
I always buy Carefresh bedding for my gp's. But, jesus, it's $30 (CDN) for 50 litres. Anyways my parents are angry with the cost so my dad thought of something: he says this stuff people put in their insulation or something is just like it. (dried up newspaper). Is it really dried-up newspaper because if it is Carefresh must be making alot of money.

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

popcorn_kirby

Cavy Slave
I live in BC. wanting to find a cheap supply too. Wish they had a factory round here or something. I only use Carefresh because it keeps their smell down or something to help with my allergy to gp's.

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

popcorn_kirby

Cavy Slave
Yeah I think I could. My grandparents live pretty close to Grand Prairie and they come down alot. 100 bags of 50 L for $25?? Is that an exaggeration?

Merrill

Cavy Slave
If the 100 bags for $25 bucks doesn't work out, then why don't you try putting a cheaper bedding underneath the carefresh and then a thin layer of the carefresh on top. I have Aspen on the bottom and Carefresh on top.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.