PDA

View Full Version : Not enough room!

PeruRodent
06-10-06, 02:26 pm
I have limited space in my room; if I built my cage there I wouldn't be able to get in! My mother won't let me build it in the living room, so what can I do?
Please help me! :weepy: *puppy eyes*

PeruRodent
06-10-06, 02:31 pm
:)Please help? I have roughly 6 feet by 6 feet of floor space in my room, and I need all that to walk in! :eek:

PeruRodent
06-10-06, 02:34 pm
Any ideas? Any at all?

JennG
06-10-06, 02:42 pm
First please be patient because you may not get an answer too quickly. Unlike chat rooms, people come on and off here all the time.

Second, how many piggies do you have and then we can go from there?

Rachy1412
06-10-06, 02:42 pm
You need to give people more time to reply! This is a forum not a chat room.

To make room for my cage I moved the furniture around and got rid of my desk!

PeruRodent
06-10-06, 02:47 pm
I don't have any piggies yet, but I'm going to have 2 soon.
And I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT get rid of my desk.
And I don't know what a chatroom is.

cavy-cool-crazy
06-10-06, 03:04 pm
Okay, so for two pigs, the absolute smallest you should aim for is 2x3. 2x4 if you are getting boars.

Is there nothing at all you can move out into a garage or put into storage? I had to sacrifice my wardrobe, desk and dresser just so I could have a 4 level 2x4 C&C. It is worth it, believe me. I'd rather have happy piggies in a big cage while I'm without half my stuff than any other way.

I do understand what you mean though. It can be hard finding room for a decent sized cage. But there are ways around it. My cage is nearly the size of my bed and takes up half my bedroom, but you learn to adapt and live with it like that. You just need to do a lot of thinking and planning. It can be done!

aqh88
06-10-06, 03:25 pm
I built mine into the bottom of my closet and kept my bed shoved in the corner. Most closets are wide enough for a 4grid long cage. I had to clean a bunch of stuff out of the closet though and store it under my bed, in my bathroom closet, or just throw it away. When it turned out we had 1male and 1female I built a 2nd cage at the end of my bed and blocked one of the 2 doors into my room. Who needs 2 doors into a small room anyway? You can definitely make a cage fit if you have to. It does help my mom never cared what we do with our rooms so long as the mess, pets, or whatever stays out of sight and contained to our rooms. If you can't build a large enough cage you shouldn't plan on getting the pigs. It wouldn't be fair to them and you'd only be getting them for selfish reasons. It would make you happier but not them.

PeruRodent
06-10-06, 03:28 pm
I built mine into the bottom of my closet and kept my bed shoved in the corner. Most closets are wide enough for a 4grid long cage. I had to clean a bunch of stuff out of the closet though and store it under my bed, in my bathroom closet, or just throw it away. When it turned out we had 1male and 1female I built a 2nd cage at the end of my bed and blocked one of the 2 doors into my room. Who needs 2 doors into a small room anyway? You can definitely make a cage fit if you have to. It does help my mom never cared what we do with our rooms so long as the mess, pets, or whatever stays out of sight and contained to our rooms. If you can't build a large enough cage you shouldn't plan on getting the pigs. It wouldn't be fair to them and you'd only be getting them for selfish reasons. It would make you happier but not them.
Thank you! That's a really great idea! I share a closet with my brother, so I'll haveto ask him a bout it, but thanks! :heart:

PeruRodent
06-10-06, 03:28 pm
Okay, so for two pigs, the absolute smallest you should aim for is 2x3. 2x4 if you are getting boars.

Is there nothing at all you can move out into a garage or put into storage? I had to sacrifice my wardrobe, desk and dresser just so I could have a 4 level 2x4 C&C. It is worth it, believe me. I'd rather have happy piggies in a big cage while I'm without half my stuff than any other way.

I do understand what you mean though. It can be hard finding room for a decent sized cage. But there are ways around it. My cage is nearly the size of my bed and takes up half my bedroom, but you learn to adapt and live with it like that. You just need to do a lot of thinking and planning. It can be done!
Thank you! :) This will be easier than I thought!