Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pig won't go up ramp!

Amy&Ginger

Cavy Slave
Hi-
Today I put a shelf in my pig's cage to climb up on. She won't really go up there though. I tried placing her on top with a carrot to show her that it was meant for her to climb up on but she just kind of went back down. How can I get her to climb up?:confused: Please help and thank you!

amfeider

Cavy Slave
For my girls I put their hay, food, and veggies up there with a trail of veggies going up the ramp. They got the hint and I put te hay and veggies back down but their food is still up their. Also make sure there isn't a large incline.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I put their food up there then one by one helped them up. I put them at the base of the ramp, and put my hand behind them so the only way is up, then did the same thing for going down. Do that a few times and they get the hang of it.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
I put their food up there, with a trail of hay and veggies. I did this every day for a couple of days. They kind of just figured it out one day. Once they did, I kept their food only up there and now they run up and down it all the time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.