PDA

View Full Version : run away pig

cavyinhawaii
06-09-06, 01:29 pm
my escape artist.
I got the playpen from walmart. I think I have seen several people her have them. Its multicolored pannels that connect together.
My littlest one teddy jumps the fence. he weight just under a pound. He will jump straight up in the air and out.
Crazy pig.
anyone else have an escape artist?

fourbwabbys
06-09-06, 01:58 pm
Yeah Trixie and Eddie have both escaped from that pen once. Now trixie's lazy and just tries to push it out of the way. lol

cavyinhawaii
06-09-06, 02:12 pm
So maybe there is hope for when he gets bigger that
he won't want to jump it anymore.
:) :love:

Percy's Mom
06-09-06, 02:33 pm
If this is the playpen I'm thinking of, the walls are shorter than the grids we use to build cages. If you have extra cube grids, you could use some cableties and make a playpen out of those.

my4butterflys
07-25-06, 01:31 pm
We bought the sameone and have had ours get out also,we eventually tied each corner so they can't sneak out.

G_Pig_lover
08-15-06, 04:31 pm
My little one did that when he was to small for the big pen, I'm really hoping that he out grows it.

cavyinhawaii
08-15-06, 10:20 pm
She ( we thought she was a he) seems to have out grown jumping out. Now she will stay in as long as there is something to hide in.

ilovestars
08-16-06, 02:05 pm
My pig Ebnoy likes to jump out and she's three years old. Im looking for one that's taller and bigger for the girls.

pamziaw
08-22-06, 04:39 pm
i found it easier just to pig proof my room by making some walls out of coroplast and slotting them into the gaps. They have tried to get over it though, mostly making a jump for the hay bag.

Spacehamster
09-03-06, 05:51 pm
I've took apart 3 of those colored pens and re-attached them sideways.
Now they're just that bit higher so that my cavies don't want to jump over them.

HarrysDad
09-03-06, 09:18 pm
When my Little Guy was younger he would take a run at that playpen fencing and climb out. Then he got older and heavier and can no longer climb out like that.

While waiting for him to grow I made a folding playpen by loosely tying some grids together with cable ties and using the lower playpen panels around the bottem to keep him from being able to stick his head through the larger openings in the cube.