Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nine guinea pigs

krittercrazy

Cavy Slave
Hi. I am so glad to have found this forum. I have nine guinea pigs. Marci was adopted from the shelter where I was working. She was left outside the door in a box with about a dozen other guinea pigs. The box was so small that they were standing on top of each other. They were all covered in feces and urine. All I could see of Marci was her little brown nose. I decided right then that she was the one I would take home. None of us working there at the time were educated on how to sex guinea pigs, but I was fairly sure that she was female and pregnant. She had two babies soon after I took her home. The remaining six are the result of misinformation and not educating myself quick enough. I have been dissatisfied with the pet store cages for a while now and am getting the supplies together to make several huge cages like I have seen here. I am really excited to be able to give them more room to run and to be able to talk to folks who are dedicated to improving the lot of these small, lovable pets.

little_russian

Cavy Slave
Welcome, Critercrazy! I applaud you for having that many munchkins! I am so glad that you are building them huge cages - like other people were saying, I'm sure you are going to see their personalities change with more room! Do you have any pics? What are their names? Welcome, again!

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum krittercrazy. You'll learn so much care information here. More than you will know what to do with!

As said before - names and pigtures please!

See you around.

Laura ~ CCC

JennG

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the site. Glad to see that you've realized how important it is for them to have plenty of room to live and play. It's fun building and rebuilding and rebuilding their cage. I've revised mine like 5 times over the past year.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. I'm glad to see your going to build a big cage.

krittercrazy

Cavy Slave
Their names are ... Marci, Pepper Ann, Lily, Jasmine, Rose, Willlow (girls)
Fabio, Oscar, Darcy (boys)
Once I figure out how to get pictures here, I'll post them.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
So glad you found us and I love your story. Start a photobucket account and go from there. I resize my pics to about a 3x5 before putting them on photobucket. then use the IMG and copy and paste here. Some resize on photobucket.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Their names are ... Marci, Pepper Ann, Lily, Jasmine, Rose, Willlow (girls)
Fabio, Oscar, Darcy (boys)

My piggies second name is Fabio! His full name is Blyngage-Fabio.

kittnkarr

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. That is a lot of pigs and I too can not wait to see those pigtures. Kudos to you for wanting to build them bigger and better cages. Once you build your first one you may just catch that bug were you are always wanting to update, redecorate, and changing layouts. I have changed mine about 7 times since I have been visiting this site.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.