Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Babies died

purplepassion

Cavy Slave
im so sad my guinea pig gave birth to 3 babies but they all died im not sure why?it was so hard to see her first one had died before she had it the second and third was breathing at first but died minutes after beibng born i fell so bad for her ..we got her from the local pet store my hubby said there is no telling what could have been wrong with the father we didnt know she was pregnant till about a month after i got her ..anyway i just wanted to share our big loss with all of you ..R.I.P BABY PIGGYS:love:

p.s mom is doing well just sad

dextersmycutegp

Cavy Slave
That's SO sad! I feel for you!

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
That's very unfortunate. What's also unfortunate is that things of that nature happen all too frequently with animals from pet stores.

I hope when you recover from this experience, you'll consider adoption next time.

Best of luck to you and your pig.

janetangel

Cavy Slave
Sorry about the babies. I hope you can take your piggie to the vet to make sure she is okay inside and out. Giving birth is very hard on the body. Since she came from a petstore and her babies did not make it, I would want to be positive the mom was okay.
Goodluck and I hope things go well for her. If she is alone you may want to adopt another girl for her to be with. It will help her lonliness and you will not have to worry about her having any more babies.

chisky
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

littlemissjoey

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. I couldn't imagine how upset you must be. I would be inconsolable for a long time if our babies didn't make it. On the upside, I'm glad your little sow is doing well.

guineasqueak

Cavy Slave
The babies could have been imbred. This often happens with petstore guineas, because often bars and sows from the same litter are not seperated. Howerver, not all petstore guineas are like this, my gorgous lilac piggie from a petstore (she's now dead) had two babies shortly after I bought her and one I kept is now 6.

purplepassion

Cavy Slave
thank you all for the kind words you guys are the sweetest people again thank you

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
That is so sad. I would find that heartbreaking also. It is good to hear that the momma pig is doing ok. Did or are you going to take her to a vet to make sure all is ok? Does momma pig have a friend to cuddle with in her time of loss? I am assuming she is morning the loss of her babies. I had a cat that lost her whole litter and she morned for a week. I am sure you are giving extra cuddles. Again, I am sorry for your loss.:weepy:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.