Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Out of Lurking!!

sealpupjd

Cavy Slave
Hi How are you all? I have been lurking here for a few days now and desided to comeout. LOL I have read every thread here and looked at alot ofpictures. All I can say is WOW!! What awesome cages and great information!! MY name is Jami and I rescued a lil piggy who I named Penny. Actually she is my daughter's but I think I stole her. I attemed to make my first cage this weekend and finished it today. Not so god, just ok. I think. I made the bottom too big but will fix that soon. I hope to chat with ya and learn more!!!
Jami

Last edited by a moderator:

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. This is an awesome place. Can't wait to see pictures of your piggie and cage. Are you thinking of adopting a friend? We encourage it because guinea pigs are herd animals and they like to have friends around them. Good luck.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Welcome Jami! You will find plenty of information here about piggies; you will be amazed at how much most of our piggies' lives have been improved just by reading through the forums. See you around!

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum.

sealpupjd

Cavy Slave
Thank you all for the welcomes! I haven't taken any picture's yet, but will. I have been obsessed with doing the cage. I did add a bottom like I saw in pictures for storage. I will also take picture's of it. She is a bit shy and doesn't come out, I am letting her get use to me on her terms, like I have read. I am seriously thinking about getting her a friend. I am partial to the long haired piggies. She has long red hair.
Thank you again for the welcome!!!
Jami

Last edited by a moderator:

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the group.
What kind of bottom are you talking about for storage? Do you mean a rubbermaid type container to store piggy things in? We don't advocate using them for cage bottoms. They are not large enough at all. The under the bed boxes are not large enough and the next thing are the ones with 3 foot sides. What are you seeing on this site? We use coroplast or some make bottomes out of wood lined with linoleum.

Cavy Cuckoo

Cavy Slave
I think she means using grids to make a base for the cage and to store things underneath (?)

sealpupjd

Cavy Slave
I used coroplast and the grids. I made a bottom "table" with the grids and left the front part open, then used the coroplast for the bottom of the cage, which is lined with puppy pads, newspaper and fleece, and grids for the cage. Sorry if I am confusing you describing it, It is basically like the ones pictured in the picture gallery. I liked the idea of storage underneath and borrowed it. :cheerful: Using one of my smilies.
Jami

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Alright, good for you Jami. I just wasn't sure what I was reading. That is why I asked. Many do make a table or stand with grids. It is easier on your back when you clean out the cage and the pigs are up closer to our level.

sealpupjd

Cavy Slave
That alright, I am glad you asked and I understand why. Oh yea it does help cleaninng the cage out!!!
Jami

little_russian

Cavy Slave
Welcome, Jami! You sound like a very responsible piggy owner! You did your research! It's always great! I did the same thing - lurking I mean (it sounds like it's something wrong;) ) before I did my cage, got my pigglet and then joined. I have only one lonely munchkin, too. But he won't be for long. Got his neutering appointment set and then we are going to adopt him a little girlfriend - I can't wait! Sounds like your cage turned out well. Like others, can't wait for the pigtures. Welcome again!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
First of all welcome to Cavy Cages. I hope you enjoy it here.

Secondly, I think there was one thread you may have missed and that was the rules thread. If you have read the rules, you would know that posting an entire post in all bold is not allowed.

sealpupjd

Cavy Slave
Ok I took some picture's tonight, I hope this turns out in here ok.
Let me kow what you think!!!
JAmi

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Jami you can start a photobucket account and after resizing your pics upload them to photobucket. Use the IMG to post pics in your threads. Penny is beautiful.

little_russian

Cavy Slave
Penny is very cute! A redhead - I always wanted one! Keep us updated.

sealpupjd

Cavy Slave
She is a doll, isn't she?!?!?! She is getting use to her new cage and starting to come out form her house more often!! Thank you for the comments.
Jami

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
She is very cute.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.